Aubers PID troubles :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneImpBrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I think I thoroughly screwed up on this on. I built a temp control unit from the 110v BIAB thread which looks like this.
Auberin-wiring1-a4-2000w-BIAB-120V-D.jpg

While trying to get the PID to read in degrees F I was going through the settings. I came across COOL, I reset that number from 10 to 1 thinking that that was the option to change it and went to double check the PDF which took longer than 10 seconds. And it blew a fuse in the breaker box..... Reset the breaker and it will no longer turn on just keeps blowing the breaker. Is there a way to reset that back to 10? Pls help.:confused:

If i disconnect the power from the PID to the SSR do you think this will help to get it reset? Also I have searched for a good guide to get this thing setup with out much luck. Anyone know where I can go to get this thing running correctly?

I would definately unhook power going to the element and try the breaker again. Kal has some awesome instructions on how to set up the pid. Check it out

Thanks Mr Wizard. I will head that way. So here is what I ended up doing. Disconnected power from the SSR to the Coil in order for the system to start booting up. When i got through the entire instruction manual there is a quick setup guide on the last page. Followed the instructions should work fine now... Hope nobody makes the same mistake, but if they do hope this helps.

Back