Bud Light vs. Natural light???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotic

Reaction score
I've always wondered this, but what is the difference between BL and NL? they're both brewed by the same brewery (I believe) but there is a major difference in price why???????? and they taste very different....why?

I don't know much, but I do know this.

Best freinds brother is director of marketing for Bud at AB and the common knowledge around the brewery is that Natural Light is the best beer for the money coming out of Peskalosi Street (breweries address).

They even say that Nat Lite is the exact same ingredient/processing as bud light, just brewed under a different monichar to fill a lower income beer drinker...like me.

It would be too expensive to have an entirely seperate setup for a less expensive beer.

To this day, I'll fill my fridge with Natty over anything else on the shelves when forced to stock BMC.

I've always thought Natty was smoother than BL. When camping etc, I thought that it went down a helluva lot easier than BL even after it had warmed a bit. (Yeah sad to say, if given a choice I'd take a Natty over BL on a hot lawnmower day, if there wasn't a nice Hefe or Kolsch being provided mind you. ;) )

Ize

There is something different about them. Bud Light makes my stomach turn into goo the next morning. I never had the problem with Natty Light. My go to has always been PBR though.

I have always wondered about this too.

What about Busch Light?

Funny though, you go into a nice up-scale restaurant and order a BL and you are served promptly, order a NL and they will look at you funny. That's the difference.

Beerrific said:
I have always wondered about this too.

What about Busch Light?

Funny though, you go into a nice up-scale restaurant and order a BL and you are served promptly, order a NL and they will look at you funny. That's the difference.

True on the restaurant part.

As far as Busch Light? Both Busch and Busch Light have given me the most brutal of hangovers over the years. Dunno why...

Ize

This is my version of a lite BMC...

2465.jpg

It goes down quickly. :D

In my college days I've bought several kegs of Natty Lite and I can say it tasted very good out fo the tap as compared to anything budweiser like.

gonzoflick said:
In my college days I've bought several kegs of Natty Lite and I can say it tasted very good out fo the tap as compared to anything budweiser like.

I 2nd that! To have fun somewhere ... a 12 pack of Natty Lite for 6-7 bucks is not wrong! :D Or is it? :drunk:

Also, with the price of corn going up, they've been feeding the Clydesdales less corn and more grass. The old brood mares have always just been grass.

The taste difference is subtle but it's there.

lol at everyone...

I think for Edward forty hands you have to have a 40 strapped to each hand! Sissy chicks!

/can't buy 40's in Florida...

Anyway, back on-topic - natty tastes like water to me, while BL is almost water. I'd rather not have either. Luckily most places have Amber Bock on tap for the same price which is at least semi-drinkable.

I've also noticed that my stomach feels nasty the day after drinking BMC. I can go out and have a pitcher or two of quality brew and feel fine the next day (with a slight headache), but when I do the same with BMC I feel like crap and have the worst nausea.

The other night I went out and had a pitcher or bud light with some friends, wasn't even drunk at all - slightly buzzed, and the next morning I felt terrible.

I wonder...Anyway, I'll take Yuengling for a good cheap brew.

I didn't know that about BL and NL; neat.

I can tell you though, that Busch also gave me the most intense hangover of my life as well. I felt nautious and weird the whole next day, not to mention the atrocious headache.

When I toured Miller though, they claimed that Miller Light and Beast Light were the same beer, but marketed different. (Ala BL / NL)

Some macros are the same recipe, like MGD and High Life. It's just the post processing that's different (cold filtration vs. heat pasteurization). Other macros are blends of two different base beers that themselves are marketed as different brands. This is what I hear from a friend that works at the Eden, NC SAB Miller plant.

I grew up on Busch and Natty. On a hot day Natty does go down easily. But it has to be ice cold. Nothing like lightly malted water with a touch of alcohol. Personally I can't stomach BL, and it gives me the worst headaches.

+1 about the natty on a hot summer day after you have been outside working. right out of an cooler full of ice and beer it tastes so good!

im suprised to see so many natty light drinkers on here i posted a few months ago about natty and PBR being my beers of choice (being i drink them about 90% of the time unless i have some good home brew) ive drank it since high school and still drink it (drinking it right now haha) 11$ a case cant be beat.

i get so much sh(t when i tell people i drink natty or PBR lol most guys i work with know i brew beer and they are like dang you go from one extreme to the other! haha. i wont snub out other beers though if i go to a restraunt that serves good beer on tap i normally order those or every now and then ill buy a 6 pack of something good, but most of the high end beer is around 7-9$ a 6pack... a little pricey for me ill buy sam adams by the 12 pack but when you throw down 10$ for a good hefe or something of the sort i would like to drink a few more than just 6!!! so i just stick to natty and my own home brew and splurge every now and then when i get tired of both of those lol

natty vs. bL i can tell a diffrence drink natural light for a week then drink a BL you will notice the diffrence, natty is like water compared to BL. if you really want to know try a blind taste test with a friend that drinks one or the other, get 2 coffee cups fill each one half up and bring them out to your friend and have him taste both and see if he can tell the diff bet you 9 times out of 10 he cant ;) we tried this once at a party with coors and BL and no one that tried them could tell a diff! lol

One difference between Bud Light and Natural Light is that Bud products are made with rice as the starch adjunct and Natural Light is made with corn starch as the adjunct. Busch products are also made with corn starch. I would suspect the Bud Light has a hopping formula and schedule the similar to Bud while Natural Light has different hops, perhaps less expensive. Also, Bud products have a blend of 2 row and 6 row malt and Natural Light and Busch products use 6 row only.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. :drunk:

Dr Malt:mug:

Dr Malt said:
One difference between Bud Light and Natural Light is that Bud products are made with rice as the starch adjunct and Natural Light is made with corn starch as the adjunct. Busch products are also made with corn starch. I would suspect the Bud Light has a hopping formula and schedule the similar to Bud while Natural Light has different hops, perhaps less expensive. Also, Bud products have a blend of 2 row and 6 row malt and Natural Light and Busch products use 6 row only.

Good info Doc!

I'm sticking with Reinheitsgebot beers myself. I'd have to be really hot, thirsty, broke, and be offered one from a fridge with nothing else before I'd drink one. Won't buy one, ever. I'd much rather have a good tequila, bourbon, or scotch than drink any AB product.

Busch Light is actually an excellent beer in my opinion. Natural Light is drinkable as long as you drink it quicky so it doesn't get a chance to get warm. I prefer Busch Light, but I don't mind drinking Natural Light at all. Now Bud light to me just doesn't taste as good as either Busch Light or Natural Light. And I read that some people have said Busch Light is headache beer, for me Bud Light is headache beer. I drink Miller Lite sometimes too, but I only keep bud light around the house because thats what my sister and my brother in law drink, I won't drink it myself unless there is just not any other beer available and its Sunday so I can't go and buy some.

I only drink it when offered by my friends grandfather. To not accept the bear would mean sure death. I've got nothing against it. It helps to have been working hard and exhausted and it really nice and cold. I give props to the big breweries for turning out such a darn consistent product. I can't deny them that.

I was told by someone one time that natty light was a batch of bud light gone bad.

for some reason I still believe that. and no one can tell me otherwise.

I find when i drink Natty light I have the urge to grow a mullet, beat women, and live in a trailer. I just cant figure it out:D

I find when i drink Natty light I have the urge to grow a mullet, beat women, and live in a trailer. I just cant figure it out:D

Bud Lite or Natty Lite...............

Skoal or Copenhagen?

:rockin:

hmmm... you forgot about the beat-up pickup, cockroaches and prescription meds.. :D And listen to Motley-crue

Yous boys quit talkin bout ma family now... ya hear?

As to the real difference between these 2 biers, one is fermented with the original strain of yeast cultured from Augustus Busch's toe cheese, the other from Augustus Busch III's ear cheese. Not much difference really, aparently ear cheese finishes a little sweeter! :D

Schlante,
Phillip

Do you know why it went down a helluvalotsmoother? Cuz the price wasn't chokn ya when youz was drinkn it.

Lets leave Motley Crue out of this!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Home Brew mobile app

One tastes like my piss the other tastes like my brothers.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back