Where is your stir plate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogtailale

Reaction score
This thing freakin LOUD.

All I can hear is that stir bar blasting the glass. OK there is only H2O in it I just got the stirbar today. Testing testing 123 testing. works fine but LOUD

Will it be quieter with a yeast starter in it?

My Swmbo allows mine to be on the kitchen counter. Yeah, they can be loud. Sometimes I have two going at the same time....stereo!

I have one stirbar that is smooth and rounded and another stirbar that is hexagonal (or maybe octagonal) with a ridge in the center. The hex stirbar is MUCH louder than the smooth one.

The Guy I bought mine from had a brilliant idea of putting 2 O rings on the stirbat and it's practically silent.

mine is in my closet upstairs, and it doesn't make a sound. Of course, it's in pieces and hasn't been assembled yet, but that's where it is.

My StirStarter is very quiet if you take the time to center the flask on the plate so that the bar stops banging against the glass.

Sorry, just noticed it's an old post.

Mine doesn't make any horrible noise. I have two smooth running PC fans in a cigar box with rubber feet. The magnets don't touch the lid, and the stirbars are round w/o ribs. I normally run it in the kitchen, but I've run it in my bedroom a couple times to protect it from roommates.

Back