• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brass fittings: Ball valves / Mash tun fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobliebop

Reaction score
I have several brass fittings that have only been used for brewing. Specifically, there are most of the parts needed for the round igloo cooler mash-tun conversion: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/ and barbs and ball valves I used in my kettle. I upgraded to SS and am now looking for a new home for these. Planning on shipping priority flat rate box ($4.75 anywhere in the US). Any reasonable offer... hopefully this will save someone some cash building their mash tun.

Qty. Size & Description
2 1/2 inch female to female ball valve
2 1/2 inch male barbs
1 1/2 inch female barb
1 1/2 inch male to female garden hose (?)
--- MASH TUN PARTS ----
1 3/8 inch female barb
1 3/8 inch male barb
1 3/8 inch x 1-1/2” brass nipple (Watts A-786)
1 3/8 inch female to female ball valve

Only item of note is that I couldn't get the nipple off the female barb, and scratched the nipple a bit with my pliers trying to do so. This shouldn't matter though, as this will be the part running through the cooler's wall and won't come into contact with liquids.

brass.png

Back