spearmint-hibiscus-poppy-barley wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhew

Reaction score
i made a wine using spearmint hibiscus poppy and barley malt sweetener and a 5lb bag of cheep sugar. so far its okay ands tastes different but the strength is there.
i wanted to know if others had tried herbal wines and there outcomes. plus if anyone has any do not brew herb knowledge.

BTW if i don't make since i just had a ladle of the afore mentioned drink and am feeling silly.

I admire your adventurous fermenting spirit. Can honestly say I have never had a barley wine with um... any of those things.

i plan to breakdown a multitude of herbs fruts grains and spices into a webpage on fermented flavor mixing and the use of uncommon sugars.

Try hog root. In Germany hog root is used in several Jäger type or krauter herb liquors and imparts a strong herbal flavor. It is great for digestion too. If you're ever at a liquor store and see schwartzhog pick up a bottle and give it a taste to see what it's like. I'd be really curious to see what a wine made from say, ginger, wormwood, and hog root would be like.

WORMWOOD?

hmmm... im adventurious but i think i will leave absinthe-ine wines for later. i will look for schwartzhog sounds unique.

---
as for the wine its raked, bottled and clear. its a nifty flavor and quite nice chilled.

Back