Wine Barrel Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Does anyone have some plans or rough measurments for a 55 gallon wine barrel wooden rack? I am due to pick this thing up in the next 24 hours and need to crank out a rack for this to sit on and house beer for the next year.

Help is much appreciated.

I just took some 2x4's I had laying around, traced the curve, cut, and like magic had a rack. Doesn't need to be pretty.

Oud_Bruin_001.jpg

Oud_Bruin_005.jpg

Are those 2x4s or 2x6s. either way i get the idea and that seems way easier than what i was initally thinking.

Thanks

Take a 2x6 and make the floor box. Then take any left over pieces and make 4 wedges that you then can nail down once you get the barrel. It then can be adjusted for a bigger or smaller barrel. Not that the nice curved one wouldn't work, but I don't have a jigsaw and so what I can do with a circular saw is make squares and triangles.

And without being nearby to it right now, if you make a rack that is about two feet from end to end, you can fit a full 60 gallon barrel or a half 30 gallon barrel. If using my above patented wedges, you can then adjust for either size (in the future)

Latest posts

Back