Hops in the ground

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
Last Sunday it finally got dry enough to put my rhizomes in the ground,I put a foot sheep crap under them and built 16 hills with sheep crap and top soil.
I still need to put in my telephone poles in but it started to rain when I was done planting I'm putting my poles about 80 feet apart.

I can't wait untill they pop up !
Pat

Sounds Good! - Need to rig strings on my set-up now. My hops are already 3' tall they are 2" over the top of my tomato cages.

Need to get busy...:fro:

Last Sunday it finally got dry enough to put my rhizomes in the ground,I put a foot sheep crap under them and built 16 hills with sheep crap and top soil.
I still need to put in my telephone poles in but it started to rain when I was done planting I'm putting my poles about 80 feet apart.

I can't wait untill they pop up !
Pat

Heh, my 50' left me with only 1 open spot left in the two rows. Good going on the 80'. :mug:

I'm going to try to get my poles in this weekend if it ever stops raining.

Thanks Henry next year we will have to do some rhizome swapping.

Pat

DUDE, the trellis was easy!

NOW, I am wondering about a plan for drying 25 bines worth of whole hops.....

I'm praying mine don't drown.....Pretty sure the strawberries are a loss and we still have 2 more days of rain forecasted. Sounds like a repeat of last year. At least this year I haven't put the garden out yet. First year for hops, are they resilient to wet soil or are they a loss too?

I'm praying mine don't drown.....Pretty sure the strawberries are a loss and we still have 2 more days of rain forecasted. Sounds like a repeat of last year. At least this year I haven't put the garden out yet. First year for hops, are they resilient to wet soil or are they a loss too?

I built mine up on hills because the area holds alot of water and they are doing well.
I checked them yesterday and I have seven popping up now in less than two weeks.

Pat

Back