Bottle shops near Colesville/Silver Spring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!

I'll be visiting my wife's family in Colesville (near Silver Spring) at the end of October, and I need a decent bottle shop. I'm getting ready to begin studying to retake my BJCP exam (I've put it off long enough), and I'm trying to fill in some holes in my "classic examples" list, especially, but not limited to, categories 3-10 of the 2015 guidelines. So I'm not necessarily looking for the shop with all the sexy new stuff, just fresh, well-kept classics at decent prices. Preferably things I can get by the single bottle/"mixed six" instead of by the 4- or 6-pack.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

EDIT: The shop doesn't have to be in Colesville - I can go pretty much anywhere the Metro goes, or nearby towns by driving.

I think I judged Belgian specialty's with you at the BURP competition this year? Anyways, the Silver Spring/Colesville area borders the craft beer wasteland that is Montgomery County MD. Though selection has increased a little in recent years, the prices are still absurd. Your best bet may in/around Laurel at the Old Line Fine Wine (where the Spirit of Free Beer Comp was held) or the Total Wine & More in Laurel. I am sure there are some other members that can provide better info, but MD is kinda a "boo" for craft beer

I think I judged Belgian specialty's with you at the BURP competition this year? Anyways, the Silver Spring/Colesville area borders the craft beer wasteland that is Montgomery County MD. Though selection has increased a little in recent years, the prices are still absurd. Your best bet may in/around Laurel at the Old Line Fine Wine (where the Spirit of Free Beer Comp was held) or the Total Wine & More in Laurel. I am sure there are some other members that can provide better info, but MD is kinda a "boo" for craft beer

Yup, that was me! I couldn't remember the name of the store where we judged, so thanks for reminding me! I don't remember much about the store. Did they have a "Build Your Own 6-pack" section? I do remember them having some interesting stuff though.

If you don't mind a jaunt into Howard County, try these places:
Pine Orchard Liquors
10281 Baltimore National Pike #103
Ellicott City, MD 21042
http://www.pineorchardwine.net/

or:
Petite Cellars
Turf Valley Towne Square
11079 Resort Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
http://www.petitecellars.com/

Only been to pine orchard once, but liked their selection. Petite Cellars is good too, and more convenient going from work-to-home for me. Think both do build-your-own 6 packs, (Petite Cellars for sure)

Back