New Brewer in Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
Hi all. I just recently did my first batch at a brew-on site facility and enjoyed it so much I bought a home kit from Mr. Beer. I'm going to upgrade that to a 5 gallon kit once I get the hang of the first few batches. I've got a nice Honey Blueberry ale fermenting right now and my 1st batch of Oatmeal Stout is only 1 week away from being ready to drink!

Cheers! Look forward to taking part in the discussions.

Did you go to Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold?

Welcome aboard. I'm from New Jersey myself, Brick to be exact. You'll find that this is the best home brewing forum out there and there are alot of knowledgable people here who like to help. If you're just venturing into brewing, here's a good place to start. It's an entire book online; but I would highly recommend purchasing the printed version, as it makes for an easier read. Nearly every hombrewer has this one in their collection.

http://www.howtobrew.com/

erbiumyag said:
Did you go to Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold?

Welcome aboard. I'm from New Jersey myself, Brick to be exact. You'll find that this is the best home brewing forum out there and there are alot of knowledgable people here who like to help. If you're just venturing into brewing, here's a good place to start. It's an entire book online; but I would highly recommend purchasing the printed version, as it makes for an easier read. Nearly every hombrewer has this one in their collection.

http://www.howtobrew.com/

Thanks for the link! Yes I went to Brewer's Apprentice. Nice operation there and I can't wait to try my Oatmeal Stout. I have a ton of it so I'm thinking of trying one per week for a few weeks until it is really well conditioned. Thanks for the link!

Wow, Metuchen, closest HBT brewer to me yet. I'm in Piscataway. If you have any questions, etc or want to grab a pint and talk brewing let me know. I'm always down for an UNO or JJ's brew.

Toilet Rocker said:
Pizza Uno, Harvest Moon, and JJ Bittings country...nice!:rockin:

Harvest Moon is my fav. I actually havent' been to Uno yet, just because I've lived in Chicago for 10 years and can't stand any Uno outside of the one on Rush street! Been meaning to swing down the street and try the brew though. Thanks for the welcome. I've learned a ton in the past 24 hours perusing these boards!

Bobby_M said:
Wow, Metuchen, closest HBT brewer to me yet. I'm in Piscataway. If you have any questions, etc or want to grab a pint and talk brewing let me know. I'm always down for an UNO or JJ's brew.

2nd Uno reference. I've got to hit that joint. My wife teaches at Rutgers so I'm through Piscataway all the time. Might have to take you up on that offer Bobby.

Back