1 gallon fermentor idea CHEAP!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digunderground

Reaction score
I have made a few batches of EdWorts Apfelwein and have loved every last drop of it. The last batch I did was this weekend (I have been using Motts apple juice for the batches) and just noticed that the containers Motts use are fairly sturdy and made of PTE plastic. These containers also accept common size stoppers etc.

I always need containers to do experiments with:drunk:, like different yeasts on the same batch, or different spices, or whatever. I am wondering what the community consensus is pertaining to the usage of these containers for fermenting.

it seems this would make a great small batch fermentor!

-DIG

That could work.

If you want to a slightly larger batch, contact a local bakery.

I just picked up three 2-gallon pails with lids for free. I will make the holes for the stoppers myself.

Tis fun to experiment. :)

or wine jugs

IMG_0893.jpg

oh son, thats just the thing i've been looking for! smaller batches = more experiments = more brewing = more beer.... divide by the number of beers drank for Pi. Coincidence?? :mug:

Back