3 Keg Mini-Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So I am going back to school in the fall, which means I will be moving from the house i live in now to an apartment by whichever school i decide to goto. Since i will be in an apartment, I will not be able to bring my large chest freezer kegerator w/ me. I am almost set on doing the whole sanyo conversion, but i jsut wanted to check if anybody knew of any minifridges that would hold 3 cornies in them... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RockfordWhite said:
So I am going back to school in the fall, which means I will be moving from the house i live in now to an apartment by whichever school i decide to goto. Since i will be in an apartment, I will not be able to bring my large chest freezer kegerator w/ me. I am almost set on doing the whole sanyo conversion, but i jsut wanted to check if anybody knew of any minifridges that would hold 3 cornies in them... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Commercial kegerators like Danby (and another one that escapes me) designed for 1/2 barrels can hold three (and sometimes four) cornies. You would have to add a three tap tower unless you only wanted to serve from one keg at a time. Check out EdWort's gallery.

My danby, a converted wine chiller, which is basically the same unit as there kegerator, will only hold 2 cornies. That damn hump in the back. I could fit a 2.5 gal on the hump, but I donlt have one of those. I do, how ever, have a 3 tap tower.

I have toyed with the idea of using one of those beer chiller units, where the beer goes through what is essentially a radiator (usually covered in ice and used for outdoor chilling) then to the taps and leaving the 3rd keg at room temp outside the fridge.

Maybe its the Haier model that I'm thinking of...

Kornkob has one of those commercial kegerators, I thought he could fit three in his.:confused:

How big is your chest freezer? I was worried about upgrading to one, but when I measured it out, it turned out the chest freezer was only slightly larger than the fridge I was currently using.

I have like a 14cu ft chest freezer right now...that was my other thought was getting a 5-7 cu ft chest freezer instead...but idk if some apartments might not smile upon chest freezers in the house

If I recall there is definitely a small chest freezer that can hold 3-4 cornies and is not much bigger than the 4912 - due to the lid opening on top obviously. I don't recall if it needs a collar or not, but this may be a better option for you. The 4912 will only ever hold 2 and buying a commerical kegerator and playing with it will cost you big time... Plus, if you already have the stuff from the 14cuft keezer, why not just swap it over for now, and back when you are back in a house...

I'll see if I can't dig up the small model keezer...

It was either this Fridgedair:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=180052-2251-FFC0723DW&lpage=none

or this Holiday:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=128320-53913-LCH0701PW&lpage=none

Both come in at around 7cuft, so a bit bigger than the 4912 (5ish cuft?), but not much difference in footprint.

EDIT: david_42 has a holiday keezer (the 5.x cuft one) converted I believe - with collar... it may even hold four taps though. Check his gallery.

EDIT2: correction - it does have 4 taps:
2113-img_1415.jpg

Does anybody have any internal shots of how to fit 4 cornies in this Holiday 5 cu fit, i've seen the 3 cornie squeeze but never 4... david_42, i think this is yours, can you give me a better idea of how the internals work?

Back