How do I run multiple cornies off of one regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVA Brewer

Reaction score
Title says it all, really. I'm going to use a gift certificate to AHBS that I received for Christmas to set up my kegerator. I know that it will fit two cornies on the inside, and I plan to mount the gas cylinder to the back.

My main question is: what is an economical and fairly idiot-proof way to charge two kegs off of one dual-gauge regulator? I'm OK with different beer styles being served at the same psi, I'm not that picky.

Will a simple T connection do it? Something else? I'm at a loss here, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes a tee connection will work. I would reccomend a 2 or 3 way c02 manifold because it give you the ability to shut your kegs of individually. That way if you have a leak or want to turn the pressure up on one keg and not the other you can. Just my opinion. Good luck.

:mug:

Manifold is the way to go then as your budget allows you can get more regulators to supply different pressure to each keg.

So, this is what I should get:

Brass Air Distributor: 2 Way

manifold-2-way.jpg

Looks simple enough. Gas comes in one end, each corny gets a gas line from the nipples.

If you've already got one valve coming off your regulator, this is a cheap way to add another feed. Works nicely for me.

Test the fittings carefully with soapy water...mine came with the valve cross-threaded and leaking, I lost a whole tank of gas to faulty workmanship. I cleaned out the threads with a tap, re-taped, and all was well.

4192.jpg

Wye Splitter Assembly

The above "wye" fitting is exactly what I used for quite a while. It puts you at a disadvantage however if you're planning to mount the tank outside the fridge, as it goes right on the regulator output so you'd have to run 2 lines inside - so a manifold is probably a better option for you.

IBENAK said:
Yes a tee connection will work. I would reccomend a 2 or 3 way c02 manifold because it give you the ability to shut your kegs of individually. That way if you have a leak or want to turn the pressure up on one keg and not the other you can. Just my opinion. Good luck.

:mug:

I have been thinking about this set up as well for a while and I think that the way to have different pressure on 2 separate kegs is to have 2 regulators. While the separate shutoff valves are obviously handy in the example of a manifold, or "Y" splitter, just cracking one open will not keep that side from being pressurized to the same level as the wide open side.

Indiana Red said:
I have been thinking about this set up as well for a while and I think that the way to have different pressure on 2 separate kegs is to have 2 regulators. While the separate shutoff valves are obviously handy in the example of a manifold, or "Y" splitter, just cracking one open will not keep that side from being pressurized to the same level as the wide open side.
No, but what I think they were saying is that if you need to crank one up to 30PSI to force carbonate or something, you can easily leave the other keg shut off during that time period, especially if you don't plan to be serving from it much. Of course the valves could never take the place of actual regulators. I have done this a number of times - and if I need to pour much from the other keg while it's shut off, I can just crack the valve for a few seconds to give it another shot of pressure to get me by until I dial down the reg and have both kegs at serving pressure again.

Back