What is the shortest element avalable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimBrew

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a HLT to slowlly convert from gaz to electric.

I'd like to start at 120V 15A so it must be a <1500W 120V element or >5000W electric running on 120V(for now).

I'm questionning myself about the size of the pot needed.

I got a small 5 gallon pot but I doubt there is a element that will fit in it.

I could get a 7 gallon fermenter but diameter is also not that great on this.

So How long is a 5500w uld element or the 4500W or a 1500w 120v ?

I have search, I'm sure it's out there but searching for element size bring me results about watts not inch.

The 5 gal pot is 12 inch diameter.
The 1500W 120V they have at the store was like 13 inch long, so there is smaller than that.

My best choice would be to get a 5500w uld and run it at 120V for now. How long is it ? anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
So How long is a 5500w uld element or the 4500W or a 1500w 120v ?

which one? there are 1500 watt elements anywhere from 5 to 12+ inches long from dozens of manufacturers. there is no standard legnth or for a particular wattage. figure out how many watts you want (im guessing 1500) and then find an element that fits your pot. if you have 12" diameter pot to work with then anywhere between a 4 and 10 inch element should work.

Thanks guys
I've been looking for some infos on the size of the differents elements available.

With the wesite Island provide I'm good.

I think I'll go with the one Island proposed, then a will be able to use it later if a do a rims as it's low density.

Back