Mexican Cervesa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodBrewer

Reaction score
I brewed a cervesa two weeks ago. It frem'd rather quickly due to heat, but I've left it alone for a couple of weeks. I did a gravity reading today and it is perfect at 1.008. Should I pull it and bottle it up this weekend? Color looks great as well. :tank:

If you left it a few weeks and it's at a good FG then you're probably fine to bottle. That doesn't mean another few days or a week in the fermenter will hurt it since it can still give the yeast time to clean up after themselves after a high temp fermentation. But if you're in a rush to bottle, go right ahead.

+1 on what Homebrewer_99 says. Keep the pipeline going, you will be so busy watching everything else that allowing plenty of time for fermentation will be no problem! The biggest improvement that I have had in my beer is brewing several at a time-allowing lots of time for carbing, clarifying, aging, etc.

I will let it sit another week. I have a peach wheat in another carboy and I have an American amber that has been bottled for two weeks..... I'm getting thristy!

Back