1st Annual Michigan Predators Autumn Brew Day Saturday, 9-26-09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I'll be hosting the next in a series of HBT Brewdays for Active Michigan Brewers at my pad on Saturday, 9-26-09. Awareness starts at 9:00AM.

I cannot allow stove top brewing, but if you can handle drinking beer and garage style brewing, you are probably gonna like this. I expect the regulars and lehr and jspence are expected to show.

To alleviate my distractions, I will have chili and homemade tortilla chips, allowing me to only screw up my brewing half as much, as I won't have to cook on the grill. :D

The weather has NEVER been excellent, so plan on a cool day.

Talk is cheap, show up or be considered a Michigan Masher. ;)

well since i haven't missed one yet i'll be there! i'll see about maybe bringing some type of dead animal flesh myself then. troy's cat was pretty good but i think i can do better with a coon or maybe a possum.

If you WANT to cook that's fine, I'll get you set up, but I wanted to keep my mind on drinking, drinking and maybe some brewing. :D

I keep thinking that one of these meetups is going to land on a weekend that I don't already have plans for. Alas, that weekend is already spoken for. Damn weddings.

I think I can make it- could you tell me if there is either a) a cheap motel very close by, or b) a place to park my truck/camper set up. I probably can't brew, but I can drink so I'll do my part.

I have a few days coming, and feel the need to get away.

Count me in. I should have an APA, IPA and IIPA ready for mass consumption.

I think I can make it- could you tell me if there is either a) a cheap motel very close by, or b) a place to park my truck/camper set up. I probably can't brew, but I can drink so I'll do my part.

I have a few days coming, and feel the need to get away.

No cheap motels that close, I have plenty of room for camping, but we do have a close, wonderful, open 24 hours, sex toy shop-The Lions Den.

Don't say you can't brew, we'll show you how. :D

Jeese. I really want to come but... Muskegon beer festival Laughs and Drafts is that day and I have 10 or more people planning on coming to meet me there. Maybe some plans will change between now and then. Play it by ear.

I hinted at that date to my wife and she did not trounce it soundly, so I am going to try ever so hard to make it. She might be able to help me with my IPA recipe. I hear through the grapevine that she's pretty good at it!

How much room do you need to host one of these?

Significant others are welcome and their attendance is greatly appreciated.:D

A one car garage would have sufficed for all except xiang's. I am hoping that we have to empty my weigh&vac-pack station and my shop bench for this one; the guilt trip is full on, but I still won't be holding my breath. ;)

For all the brewers from MI on this board, there is a noticeable lack of Actual Brewing Camaraderie Enthusiasm. Hell, even the Mi Group board is usually fairly devoid. Maybe I should start another Group for MI members who aren't afraid to hang out and brew.:confused:

If you are coming, send me a zip in a PM for directions to the Event.
(Notice how I didn't say 'interested'...? :D)

I just checked the calendar and my wife has the 26th booked for drinks with her college friends. These things have been known to change so I'm not out yet, However the fact its on the calendar in sharpie does say something to me.

I'll keep you posted.

John

From here, it sorta looks like you need to come up with a new calendar. :p

Get the picture thing straightened out yet?

One problem is that I am usually pretty busy and when I'm not busy I have to do stuff around the house to make up for the time that I could not do it when I was too busy to do it. Now that the kids are starting soccer, and soon school with band and stuff, my time will be even more precious.

That said, I am very interested in getting together and brewing. If certain important things had not come up the past few months, I would have loved to have gotten together before this.

Now that the date is set, I'll see about getting it on the calendar. I can't promise my wife will be there, but you never know. She doesn't really drink, and prefers her home life to random social events, but maybe I can bribe her with something. Like finishing the trim in the living room, or the doors into the family room or my computer room... Dang, I didn't get any of that done this summer!

The reason I ask is that I have about 1 stall's worth of space in my garage and wondered how many could fit in there and still have room to brew.

I just checked the calendar and my wife has the 26th booked for drinks with her college friends. These things have been known to change so I'm not out yet, However the fact its on the calendar in sharpie does say something to me.

I'll keep you posted.

John

Sounds like YOU will be free! :ban:

Jeese. I really want to come but... Muskegon beer festival Laughs and Drafts is that day and I have 10 or more people planning on coming to meet me there. Maybe some plans will change between now and then. Play it by ear.

I will be going to "Laughs and Drafts" on Friday with a couple co-workers.

No I'm still ugly :)

I was just map questing you 4:41 according to map quest.... What time do the festivities normally start?

We'll wait until you show to start drinking. :mug:

I say 9:00, so people will get here by 11:00. ;)

It always seems a lot shorter on the way home.

Sounds like you had better start cleaning out that barn... Oh and I want the floors waxed if I'm bringing out the shiny stuff.

Pat

Sounds like you had better start cleaning out that barn... Oh and I want the floors waxed if I'm bringing out the shiny stuff.

Pat

Do you have to wear white gloves when you brew as to not get fingerprints or smudges on the bling rig?

CP-MDG-BACK%20SHOT_medium.JPG

IMG_1445_5_1.JPG

well okay those piles might be about the size of their dog (rocky) but i'd like to meet him and i'll bring one of mine if henry and z will let us:D

The wife and I will be there. Not sure if I will be brewing or not.

I'm tentatively IN! I can't brew, and I'm not bringing my dog. I need to find a cheap-ish motel not to far away, so please let me know what is in the area.

Back