Wind

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the wonderful world of unfermentable sugars and the gut bacteria that love them so well! If you sample before the fermentation is done, you will also have some maltose, etc. These sugars are all easily transformed into methane and what is known in the trade as aromatics.

orfy said:
Does any one sampling unfinished beer find it gives them wind.

Yes, the live yeast works in your gut that way. Hey it gives off gas in your fermenter and in your gut as well.

orfy said:
I've never vented so much since starting brewing 3 weeks ago.

Now Orfy, are you being completely honest about this? I lived among some of your brethern for 5 years and with a diet of beans for breakfast, bangers and mash with beans on toast for dinner and of course there's bubble and squeak fairly often. This on top of several pints a day, I've never known a bloke that couldn't vent on command and be quite proud of what he'd created. LMAO :D

orfy said:
Does any one sampling unfinished beer find it gives them wind. I've never vented so much since starting brewing 3 weeks ago.

Just how mush unfinished beer have you been drinking? WAIT!!!! :D

ScottT said:
Now Orfy, are you being completely honest about this? I lived among some of your brethern for 5 years and with a diet of beans for breakfast, bangers and mash with beans on toast for dinner and of course there's bubble and squeak fairly often. This on top of several pints a day, I've never known a bloke that couldn't vent on command and be quite proud of what he'd created. LMAO :D

There's nothing like a balanced diet! ............... sorry i meant that's nothing like a balanced diet ;)

I've started 6 in the last few weeks, they are just getting to the bottling stage now. I sample the wort, going into Secondary, Bottling and 1 week into bottle.
That’s 6x3 = 18 samples in almost as many days. :D

I just tested my first bottle for carbonation. It's good but still a little cloudy, tastes like a fine Belgium wheat beer.

The up side is at least you've saved money buying those 'active bacteria' yoghurts!

Something about homebrew just makes me a weapon of mass destruction.
Im starting to wonder if I am allergic to Hops and/or malt. :p

xpoc454 said:
Something about homebrew just makes me a weapon of mass destruction.
Im starting to wonder if I am allergic to Hops and/or malt. :p

No, I think its the yeast. Kinda like driniking liquid C2.

Well most people dont accuse me of drinking C2 more like they ask me if i ate burning tires :)

Quick note: 4 Ales, a fermenting beer taste, and homemade meat, onion, and pepper calzones may be considered a W.M.D. My dogs even just left the kitchen...

We go to the SaltLick...when we have the hankerin. :D
About a 10 minute drive. Best BBQ place in Tejas...Why go any where else.
Oh, and BTW, it's BYOB.

I've heard a lot of good things about SaltLick, but you really ought to try Luling City Market or Kreuz's some time, tho I don't think they'll let you walk in with a sixer of homebrew. :(

Are you talking about the Luling City Market in the Galleria Area of Houston?
That's a 3 hour drive for me El.P.

Sudster said:
Are you talking about the Luling City Market in the Galleria Area of Houston?
That's a 3 hour drive for me El.P.
No, the Luling City Market in Luling...the one in Houston is run by a rogue member of the family and isn't any good at all. Luling's 43 miles south of you on 183 where it hits I-10. Kreuz's is in between Luling and Austin.

NO, just a supercharged Honda Accord runnin my own brand of ethanol.
I'll stop by next time if the brakes will hold.

Back