Beta test complete, need some help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First let me state I find the Auber PID instructions to be confusing. I know there's an auto tune and I'm sure I can find it in the instructions, just haven't looked yet. I test fired my eBIAB (water only for testing) rig. Fired up! YAY! Couple of issues.

First, the box on the kettle to house the connection for the element is too shallow. I'll be adding a box extender to allow room. the plug and element are shorting out. Lid off, and it works to easy fix.

Next: the PID registered 38* when the TC was plugged in for PV. even after we neared boil, still 38*. Is there a wiring problem in the TC or a programming issue with the PID?

I'm not sure if I have the alarm wired right, but I need to figure out the PID programming first I think.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Next: the PID registered 38* when the TC was plugged in for PV. even after we neared boil, still 38*. Is there a wiring problem in the TC or a programming issue with the PID?

From the manual:
3.1 Sensor connection
Please refer to table 3 for the input sensor type (Sn) setting codes. The initial
setting for input is for a K type thermocouple. Set Sn to the right sensor code
if another sensor type is used.
I believe you have the RTD (PT100) probe. It has to be set up per the instructions for it to work.

Back