Got a new dog (5 month St. Bernard)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
I have had him for about a week now. We were wondering how he would fit in to our home, but i could not leave him in the home he was in. The owners told me he jumped on the kids and would not stop barking. but i figured i would take the chance and drive the hour to see him. once i got there they took him out of the kennel and yes he barked and bounced all over. but i also discoverd that the dog did not go outside except to pee and poop and then he was put back in the kennel. gee i wonder why he barked and jumped.. we got him back to my buddies where my family and i were stying for a few days while on vacation and immidatly put him in the back yard. he seemed lost (what do i do sort of look on his face) the other 500 lbs of dog quickley showed him. once the kids got back home there was no jumping or barking. well we have been home since Sat. and the pup is completly house broken sits stays and even lays down in the living room when we eat. If i go out side he stays on my heels i dont even feel like i need a leash. I was drinking the other day with a bud and the pup (Brody) went to sleep at my feet. We think he is going to be a great addition to the fam...

Brody me Cayla.jpg

Good looking dog! I'm also a Saint owner. 8 years old now and she has the biggest heart I have ever seen. I'm glad you got him out of his unhappy home too, even better!

That's awesome. People like that make me crazy. Dogs are NOT meant to be caged. I don't understand why some people don't understand that.

I've rescued a few dogs myself (yellow lab, and border collie) I find when there is a problem with a dog, it's usually the owners that are the problem. Both of my rescues are great dogs. Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Yes he will be a big boy. Moma is 140 and daddy is 210. we dont plan on letting him get that big though. The bigger they are the more health issues they have so we will have him fixed at about a year in hopes of slowing down some of his groth.

I can only think of one name: "Stout".

M_C
Yes he will be a big boy. Moma is 140 and daddy is 210. we dont plan on letting him get that big though. The bigger they are the more health issues they have so we will have him fixed at about a year in hopes of slowing down some of his groth.

with his size we had to go redneck with his name Brody. He got a new toy today one of the horse balls. it is a large plastic ball with a big handle that he cah grab with his mouth.. He likes it so much he tackled my 3 year old for it. Very funny to watch..

Congratulations!

You can always tell "dog people" apart from "dog owners..." and it sounds like you are dog people :)

My dog was terrified of men when my fiance adopted him....he was skittish and cowardly. Now he's the most friendly dog you'll ever meet. Owners really make a huge influence on a dog's personality and I'm happy to see that you've got yourself a new family member and not just a dog :ban:

Well an update on Brody he is now 82 lbs and 6 months old. He will be nutless here in 3 weeks.

Back