so how much do you think i could get for these

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
after getting in to home brewing, i went nuts, build a big keezer and build a big ass brew rig. well...i bought a house now, and there is no room for a keezer of this size, and i have nowhere for my brew rig either, so i am considering selling these items and rebuilding a smaller brew rig and a smaller 3 tap kegerator.

i havent decided if i really want to sell this stuff or not, but i am curious about how much i might be able to get for these.

here are some pics, post questions and opinions so i can decide if i am ging to sell or not, and if so, how much i should list for.

thanks in advance

some specs, the keezer has 6 kegs in it now, there is room for at least one if not 2 more.

and as far as the brew rig, the burners are 250k btu and the shelves are all welded on to hold me jumping on them. i weigh in around 300#

keezerandbrewrig009.jpg

keezerandbrewrig005.jpg

keezerandbrewrig001.jpg

this is a complete shot in the dark, but i would think you could get $300 for the stand, if not more, and at least $500 for the keezer, depending on how old the freezer is, etc. that's a really nice draught head and with a few nice looking stout faucets. again, total shot in the dark, but they should be worth some decent coin i'd think.

the freezer isnt very old. there are 2 stout faucets, and the other faucets are the new stainless forward sealing perlick ones with the brass finish that i was finally able to find.

cost alone to build the keezer was at least $400.

You should be able to get $600 or more for the keezer considering the faucets you have but it's going to take the right buyer. Having gas cylinders and regulator, distributor will affect price.

i can offer any type of gas cyl with it and reg setup. so i guess i have some serious thinking to do before i go to set this thing for sale. thanks for the input.

you could get more for the stand if you wire brushed it and painted it with high temp paint. I know i know it wouldn't change its function, but buyers like shiny new looking things

Unless you're selling to another homebrewer who doesn't have the DIY bug, you won't get much for the keezer (all honestly.) HOWEVER, that ceramic brass 6-faucet tower is worth as much as everyone here has told you the value of the keezer is, to the right person, if you want the freezer.

On the other hand? Getting rid of the freezer is expensive if you're gonna dump it otherwise. So get whatever you want for it.

The brewstand? If you can't use it, sell it to the highest bidder.

after getting in to home brewing, i went nuts, build a big keezer and build a big ass brew rig. well...i bought a house now, and there is no room for a keezer of this size, and i have nowhere for my brew rig either, so i am considering selling these items and rebuilding a smaller brew rig and a smaller 3 tap kegerator.

I'm just blown away that you bought a house that couldn't accommodate stuff you already had. :confused:

the house is big enough for the brew stand in the garage, or in the basement, but the keezer is huge. in my little house i live in now, its in the living room. swmbo said that big thing cant be in the living room of the new house. i have a great spot for a smaller keezer already picked out in the new house. plus, my brewing has slowed and having 8 faucets makes the already slow pipeline run empty very fast. the new one i plan to build is only going to have 3 taps.

Very nice work, but I think the keezer might be worthless with that sticker on the front :D

can of paint and good pictures will help the sale of the stand. It's hard to see what it looks like, and I'd shoot it with and without vessels to show the scale.

bendavanza- thanks for the ideas. these pics were taken real quick just to get the idea out there and see if it was worth selling. i think i may keep it, but i do like the idea of a single tier or something smaller. if i sell this one it will definitely fund the build of a smaller one.(aside from pumps and such)

its kind of built together, and taking the tower off would involve me ruining the top. so if i dont get a great price for it i guess i'll have to find a place for it in the new house

My perspective must be skewed, because that actually looks like a fairly small footprint for a 6-tap keezer. What are the outside dimensions?

Regardless of what you do with the freezer, you're going to cry some day in the future if you sell the tower. Put it on the 3-keg freezer and just cap the extra ports for now, leave them as is so you can switch between nitro and CO2 without changing faucets, hang miniature disco balls and party favors from them, etc.

Back