Columbus Ohio Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfohio

Reaction score
Hey all, I will be making an order to Hops Direct soon and was looking to see if anyone in the area would be interested as well. If there is a big enough interest than I could utilize The Pol's spreadsheet (with his permission.) If there isn't any interest than I will just buy the hops for myself.

If you are interested reply in this thread and then we can exchange information etc...

As my buddy Jim Cramer would say... BUY BUY BUY!

If this works out for you, Id be glad to get you the spreadsheet.

FWIW, it is not uncommon to secure an average cost/oz of $1.21 SHIPPED if you do a group buy like this!

I'd be interested in exploring the option depending on ordering mins you set, spent most of my discretionary income on parts for my future electric rig, and I blame it all on you Pol!! :D

I dont want to take over this thread, but I ran a large group buy this year and there was NO minimum. Basically, at the end of the open ordering phase, any overages were posted on HBT here and other buyers bought them up. FWIW

I'd be interested in exploring the option depending on ordering mins you set, spent most of my discretionary income on parts for my future electric rig, and I blame it all on you Pol!! :D

Sorry.... I am....:off:

I dont want to take over this thread, but I ran a large group buy this year and there was NO minimum. Basically, at the end of the open ordering phase, any overages were posted on HBT here and other buyers bought them up. FWIW

That's what I figured as well. So, look at the Hops Direct website and post your interests.

That's what I figured as well. So, look at the Hops Direct website and post your interests.

Yeah, basically WHO is interested, and WHAT do you want and HOW MUCH... then you can get a base order, any fractional amounts will be cleaned up later, I assure you. Good luck on this!

OK, There seems to be some decent interest in this. Post what you want, and how much you want and I will utilize The Pol's spreadsheet to show everything in a nice format.

I'll set a deadline for the order soon and then exchange contact information with all that are participating.

Just bumping this up. I'm ordering the following varieties - Czech Saaz, Hallertau, German Magnum, Cascade and Willamette. Obviously I don't need a pound of each, so if you want a portion let me know. Also, feel free to post what kind and how much you do want.

Like I said earlier, I am ordering no matter what so I'm just giving people a chance to get in on it and make shipping cheaper. The order will probably be placed in a week or two.

It is from hopsdirect.com and all pricing is by the pound. If you don't want a pound, then post the amounts you do want and someone will either pick up the rest of the pound or sell them on the forum.

You can see the varieties I'm ordering in the above post. If some of those fit your needs then let me know.
The Pol said his pricing was $1.21/ ounce shipped.

Alright, sorry for the delay. The hopsdirect prices are now down to below $10 a pound, So I will be making an order early this week. If anyone wants in on this let me know as soon as possible. Thanks

Just bumping this. Probably will make the order by the end of the day. so I'm seeing if anyone else is interested. I am buying Willamette, Magnum, Cascade, Tettnanger, Czech Saaz and Hallertau and would be willing to split up some if someone wanted a small quantity. Just let me know soon. Thanks.

Back