Have you ever? Brewed a beer that you hated and everyone loved? And...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCCOLA

Reaction score
And conversely, a beer that you loved and everyone else hated?
For me,I brewed an irish red that was weak and flavorless and everyone raved about it.I only added 1oz of roasted barley to 3gals. and 1lb. corn sugar--the rest extract.
The one I loved was a belgian "kitchen sink beer" which tasted like orange marmalade on biscuits.It had melanoidin,2 crystals,munich,biscuit & the usual belgian spicing.
I guess its good that way--you get the crap cleaned out of the fridge and the good stuff for yourself.:mug:

Actually, yah. I thought my Poweful Pale Ale, my last extract/minimash brew, sucked. I just didnt like it. Everyone loved it, and after passing out bottles, people were calling me requesting six packs.

I wish I have. No one likes my beer. Not even me most of the time. I enjoy the process of brewing. Last year I made a week Irish Red similar to the one you made....No one liked it, lol.

I made a hefe once that didn't really have enough malt in it. Was an ok tasting beer but waaay too light for my palate. Most of my friends loved it. I think I drank maybe 5 bottles of it.

My Blonde Biscuit ended up being kind of flavorless for me, but a lot of people who tried it really enjoyed it. And I don't actually happen to know that many BMCers. Go figure.

My Marris Otter/Argentinian Cascade SMaSH is liked by the two fellow brewer's who I have let taste it, though it tastes to me like the Off Citronella Bug Repellant that you accidentally get in your mouth at a picnic

I used to brew a beer I called street trash.. I hated it.. I used it as a decoy for the damn neighbors that were constantly suckling on my taps.. Back then they were all commercial "light" beer lovers.. I screwed up and didnt brew any for a few months, the neighbors were "forced" to start having a few glasses of IPA or Porter or Hefe or Wit or whatever I had on the taps at the time.. Now their tastes have evolved and they are drinking my big beers.. I need some sort of alarm system for my kegerator..

Yes, my blonde ale came out kind of tasteless and unexciting to me...but several of my friends raved about it and have requested that I make more.

a few years ago, I made a batch of Porter that was harsh.
I thought it was horrid, too hot and lacked balance.
Turns out some of my buddies really liked it, and I gave them the whole batch.

Now, these Porters are commonly referred to as Baltic Porters.
I didn't know that at the time. Go figure.

something I liked but nobody else did would have to be my Marionberry Wheat.
I suppose now it would be considered an awesome summer brew, worthy of a $9 per sixpack price at bevmo.

Couldn't give it away in 2002--

I'm not the biggest fan of my Ginger Pale Ale. I've brewed it a few times because its the most requested of my beers. The recipe works, but I'm just not that big of a fan. The ginger just doesn't do it for me.

Back