You know what I hate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idk_my_bff_jill.jpg

:D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious! Godz, I hate that commercial!!

I think I just died a little.

How can anyone hate pickles??? It's ok, it's ok... that just means there's more for me, right? Yeah, yeah, more for me...

I hate beets - seriously, they taste like dirt.

You should wash the beets first. ;) You can have the Dill I'll take the sweet pickles.

I think I just died a little.

How can anyone hate pickles??? It's ok, it's ok... that just means there's more for me, right? Yeah, yeah, more for me...

I hate beets - seriously, they taste like dirt.
I'm weary of your hatred for my hatred of pickles.:D

I hate ESPN for making me bust my nuts on deadline just so some stupid game can be on its stupid network

I also hate ESPN for somehow making it OK for people to kill noun-verb agreement such as "Miami had their ass handed to them by the Patriots." Ugh.

You should wash the beets first. ;) You can have the Dill I'll take the sweet pickles.

Washing doesn't help beets, even canned ones taste like topsoil. :p
Good, keep those gross sweet pickles away from me (bread and butter, gherkins, yuck!).

Rex Grossman and the Bears' secondary
People who tailgate. Oh my god I hate people that tailgate
People that don't know how four way stops work
People that use their brights constantly when driving at night
People that misuse to, too, and two.
Employees that are overly "helpful" in stores
People that say "Axed" instead of "Asked"
Sports commentators that constantly say "They control their own destiny." Holy hell, say something of substance.

People who don't have kids that criticize parents. Unless you have 'em, you don't have the first clue about raising them.
Horsepuckey. I may not have kids, but I can spot uncorrected bad behavior when I see it. My dogs are better-behaved than some kids. Kid behaving badly = bad parenting. QED. Why should I have to placidly endure rotten behavior because I've chosen not to whelp a sprog? If it takes a village to raise a child, I'm the stereotypical crotchety old bastard who lives on the outskirts taking rock-salt potshots at rotten little bastards who cut through my yard and trample my hops vines.

Piss-poor grammar and punctuation in emails (especially work emails). Nay, EVERYWHERE- including forums. If you can't be arsed to write in complete sentences without a scintilla of regard for punctuation and conventions of the written word, what makes you think I want to give myself a migraine trying to deconstruct your lazy English?
Er. Word. [ducking]

Things This Bob (neither Angry_Bob nor Brewin_Bob) Cannot Abide:

Poor communication. If you have little grasp of the language, kindly refrain from interacting with me. If you cannot impart a sentence which contains less than one expletive (deliberately used for emphasis), kindly refrain from interacting with me. If you cannot impart a sentence without the word "like" as an audible pause, ditto. For that matter, if you "Um" or "Er" more than once in a sentence, kindly tie yourself to the stake. I'll handle the kerosene and torch.

Automated telephone menus. These are the cause of two-thirds of the world's negative emotion and energy, even when they work properly.

Roundabouts. People should be trained in Driver's Ed to deal properly with roundabouts. If you can't, stay out of them.

Sobriety checkpoints. Such a violation of basic civil rights is one goose-step away from "Ihre papieren, bitte."

Shopping malls between 30 September and 1 March. Let's see if I have this straight - the societal pressures caused by overwhelming marketing cause an upsurge seasonal-affective disorder, causing pharmaceutical companies to market treatment drugs. Gotcha.

People who use the word "Nazi" to describe others who wish to hold them to some sort of standard. "Style-Nazi" is the appropriate usage in this milieu.

The ludicrous idea that elitism is in itself evil. That rewarding above-average je ne sais quois is demeaning or undesireable. That being proud of above-average accomplishment (you know, the stuff that makes one elite) is socially unacceptable. That everyone on the Little League team gets a trophy. Essentially, that rewards are given regardless of whether or not they are earned. And we wonder why our society has entitlement issues.

I think that covers it for at least the next half-hour. :D

Bob

The acronym SWMBO

overuse of forum smilies, it's not required to use one in every post people.

novelty cocktails

Picky eaters...you're missing out on at least 40% of lifes pleasures.

Self proclaimed "sports fans" who really only like football/baseball/basketball and when you try to talk disc golf/cycling/WRC with them they just stare at you confused.

The films of Todd Solondz

People who think their pets are their children. You let an animal run your life, great job!

When people drink pop when they are thirsty...if you are thirsty drink water, soda is a dessert.

Uh guys? It was a rhetorical question! Sheez you peeps are angry. :D

A hate near and dear to my heart, exacerbated by the fact that it seems to be a regional usage in these here parts:

Deliberately and willfully dropping the most important verb of the English language- the verb 'to be', the verb of existence- from a sentence.

Feast your eyes on this little gem of Hanoverese:

'The car needs washed.'

And how about this equally repugnant phrase?

'The milk is all.' All what? :mad:

Signed,
Crotchety Book Nerd

People who "change" the names of businesses to something "clever" to emphasize their point about why they hate them. It's not clever, it's not funny, it doesn't do anything to help your cause, don't do it. You're ****ing irritating beyond belief and it makes me want to go to the place you're talking about and give them money just to spite you.

Horsepuckey. I may not have kids, but I can spot uncorrected bad behavior when I see it. My dogs are better-behaved than some kids. Kid behaving badly = bad parenting. QED. Why should I have to placidly endure rotten behavior because I've chosen not to whelp a sprog? If it takes a village to raise a child, I'm the stereotypical crotchety old bastard who lives on the outskirts taking rock-salt potshots at rotten little bastards who cut through my yard and trample my hops vines.

I used to be solidly in this camp, until I had a kid. Then I eased off it a little. Surely, there is such a thing as inexcusable behavior which is the obvious result of lack of parental oversight, and that I still can't abide. I hold other kids up to my own kid's standards. I think that's fair.

But I've found lately there are lots of youngish people who really like to eye-f$#k me when I'm in public, and the sprog decides to throw a hissy. I think that's the most common thing that gets me stares. Screaming. There's no possible way to keep a kid from screaming when he decides to lose his mind.

I've actually had someone sigh and roll their eyes at me one day at a restaurant (family style place... we don't take him to white linen restaurants). I was in a mood largely because of the kid, and decided I didn't really want to put up with this guy. So I literally tapped his shoulder and asked if I could help him with his eye problems. After he finally got my meaning, he snarled up and said that I should "control my kid". I asked him if he thought it was truly possible to ever "control a kid". And then the gem of a response: "Well, you shouldn't bring a kid to a restaurant if he's going to scream."

My wife kept me from inviting him outside. Good thing, too... he was kind of big. But I tend to fight the fights that are worth losing.

I didn't even argue back with him. I just finished dinner. Irony of ironies, as they left the restaurant, the wife/girlfriend stopped and told us how cute he was. I think she was sticking it to him for being an ass.

So, to bring it back to topic...

I hate that guy.

Rex Grossman and the Bears' secondary
People that use their brights constantly when driving at night
People that misuse to, too, and two.
Employees that are overly "helpful" in stores
People that say "Axed" instead of "Asked"
Sports commentators that constantly say "They control their own destiny." Holy hell, say something of substance.

i hate all that stuff two

People who "change" the names of businesses to something "clever" to emphasize their point about why they hate them. It's not clever, it's not funny, it doesn't do anything to help your cause, don't do it. You're ****ing irritating beyond belief and it makes me want to go to the place you're talking about and give them money just to spite you.

does it have to be businesses? what about the republicrats? or bennifer??

Horsepuckey. I may not have kids, but I can spot uncorrected bad behavior when I see it. My dogs are better-behaved than some kids.

And again the comparison to animals. Not even close, sorry. I can find plenty of pets that are misbehaved. My kids don't **** on my neighbor's lawn or hump my friend's leg and they do listen better than my dogs. :D

Kid behaving badly = bad parenting.
Not all the time. Indeed there are "bad parents" and the definition varies depending upon what you value. Sometimes even the most well-behaved kid will misbehave because they want to see what they can get away with and they think they're in a place where mommy and daddy might not discipline them (they'll learn), they're having a bad day, their teeth hurt, etc. All dependent upon age and circumstance. It's development and psychology. If you think a 2 year-old is screaming just because they want to piss you off and you haven't considered the fact that a 2 year-old cannot communicate like an adult and doesn't even think like an adult, you haven't a clue. It doesn't relieve the parent of the responsibility of trying to identify the problem and be considerate of those around, but indeed some consideration is in order by those "affected". We were all children once and you learned what you're preaching because you crossed the line, pissed somebody off and prompted your parents to teach you the right way. And I'm sure invariably, someone was standing by, complaining about you.

BugleBrew said:

MEGATHIS!

BugleBrew said:

Let alone traffic circles!

Uh guys? It was a rhetorical question! Sheez you peeps are angry.

Hey, you started it. :D

does it have to be businesses? what about the republicrats? or bennifer??

You're right, it doesn't. oooh, and people who change the name of cars.. The Ford "Tortoise" mmmm, you're right, nobody's ever made that connection before, Taurus drivers are usually slow. Good on you! :rolleyes:

People who start a gazillion new threads a day rather than posting to existing threads that address the same point/question, or post the same question in 5 different subforums.

HELLLLLLLL YES!

I really hate when I ignore a thread like this for a while...then finally click on it and it's something that I want to get in on, but all my good ideas are taken up by Yuri and Flyangler.

I hate when such folks as Barry Manilow, Kenny G and Neil Diamond put out Christmas albums. You're Jewish. Stop it.

And before anybody gets all, well it's a secular holiday now to include all people, let's remember why we have it in the first place. Plus, Kenny G doing Silent Night is just wrong. As is most everything else he does, but that's another thread.

Shecky,

I'm disappointed that you haven't declared more love for me after my continued grammar rants.

So sad.

Shecky,

I'm disappointed that you haven't declared more love for me after my continued grammar rants.

So sad.
Well, I think my devotions are now divided between you and BobNQ3x. His rant on communication made me tingly.

Nah, I still love you. Just been busy the last couple hours.:D

Oh, and the milk is all.

I hate the lack of common sense, such as two weeks ago when my mom put her butter dish in the microwave to soften the butter. She put it in for 30 seconds.

Butter soup, anyone?

And I really hate when people put maple syrup in the fridge.

Man, maple syrup and pickles in the same day... :mad:

We keep our bulk syrup from VT in the freezer and fridge as needed, so nyah! :p

I hate people that walk really slowly when it's not a let's-take-a-stroll kind of time (i.e., during the commute to work). Get moving!

Man, maple syrup and pickles in the same day... :mad:

We keep our bulk syrup from VT in the freezer and fridge as needed, so nyah! :p

I hate people that walk really slowly when it's not a let's-take-a-stroll kind of time (i.e., during the commute to work). Get moving!
You keep hatin' on me hatin'.:D
Let me clarify. Long-term storage of maple syrup in the freezer or fridge is fine. But there is no reason to put it in the fridge if it is used often.

My mom does this for reasons unknown. It's just coagulated good, for one, and then takes all the heat out of the waffles/pancakes when you pour it on.

Plus, it says right on the packaging, does not need refrigeration. Yes, even on the packages from the farms right down the road from me.

So there.:p

Back