Regualtor shopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornkob

Resident Crazy Uncle
Reaction score
I have a single gage regulator that I currently split off to feed 2 kegs. This means that both are serving at the same pressure. I’d like to regulate each line differently, so that I can serve 2 products that require different pressures. Since my regulator currently doesn’t have a high pressure gage to give me the status of the tank, I thought that might be a nice addition as well.

I have several questions, having never actually disassembled a regulator (and not wanting to practice on mine).

Can I just by any old dual gage regulator, remove the tank connector on the new reg, pull the plug on the old reg and connect them with a bridge? Would the high pressure gage be reading the pressure in the tank?

I’ve read a little about balancing an air system and it seems like this is done for each pressure level. I’d like to be able to change the output pressures between kegs (this week I might have a commercial half barrel for a party at one given pressure but have a different barrel on Monday at a completely different pressure) I’d like them both to come out the tap appropriately, hopefully without having to change the length of my lines every time.

And finally, any place that carries a comprehensive list of regulator parts. Every place I’ve looked seems to have some of this and some of that but no place seems to carry it all at reasonable prices.

I would think that you could buy a single stage regulator (single gage type) and attach it in-line with your first regulator so both would be at tank pressure. Each one could then provide a different carbonation pressure.

Yeah-- I foudn a cheap ebay single head regualtor that I'll put in line with my existing one but I wanted to be able to tell how much gas was left in the tank too. Near as I can tell there's nothing special about 2 regulators hooked uptogehter with a hi pressure gage on the far side but thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.

Careful - some vendor's regulators use left-hand threads on the high pressure sides of the regulators while others use right-hand threads (I'm still looking for a nipple w/ LH threads on one end and RH on the other...)

Thanks for the heads up. Short of taking it apart, is there any way to tell which one it is?

Hmmm... is it Cornelius that is LH and Micromatics RH?.... or the other way round... or is everyone RH and Corny the exception?.... darn, I can never remember. Take it apart and make sure you have some teflon tape before reassembly!

Back