Inaugural Beer: Brewed, Fermented and now Bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beards Brews

Reaction score
All right, first batch is now sitting quietly in their bottles. My inaugural brew was an American Wheat, but I replaced the yeast that came in the can for some Belgian yeast in order to get the orange-like taste. I added a little honey in the brewing to have an orange & honey flavor.

So far, it looks to be a successful brew. Very cloudy, which I like in a wheat beer and holy oranges & honey, batman!!! It smelled fantastic. I couldn't resist pouring a taste in the ol' pint glass. It tasted good, but definitely needs to settle down for a couple of weeks or so.

My wife is graduating with her master's at the end of next month, so they ought to be good and ready for the graduation barbecue afterwards. I can't wait.

+1! Sounds yummy-licious! :ban:

+1 again! You've got an empty fermenter, slacker. Get some fermentation going, or we'll come over and give you a swirly.

:mug:

Bob

"Yummy" + "delicious", spoken really fast by a teenaged girl, = "yummylicious."

I read it somewhere. In a magazine. Probably while in line at the grocery.

:D

Bob

Back