Mini AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

base2

Reaction score
I am so tired of kit and a kilo, i have to move on to AG.

But if my wife sees that I have bought more equipment she it going to leave me.

So I would like to do a mini mash, but all the mini mash recipes I can find on the net require extracts. I don't really like the flavor extracts give to beer. Nothing beats grain.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a small size all grain recipe and method?

I was thinking about something like 3 gallons.

Are you in the states? BYO had an article on partial mash that was a cheap entry into mashing. If you wished to scale it down, you could do all grain by the same method.

I'll need to look up the issue at home (working now), but it basically used a small cooler and some cheese cloth or muslin bag to contain the grain while mashing/sparging. The boil is going to be the same except for the larger boil volume with all grain (one benefit of PM).

Flyin' Lion said:
Are you in the states? BYO had an article on partial mash that was a cheap entry into mashing. If you wished to scale it down, you could do all grain by the same method.

Yeap, it's a pretty decent article, here it is. I've been PMing this way for a while now, but I finally got my 5g cooler converted... :D

Back