Counter top dishwasher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper1917

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a countertop dishwasher - but it only has 2 setting - one usues the hotwater form the tap- and then there is a settign that heats the tap water up even hotter.

My question is will it sanitize the bottles if i use the really hot cycle? The dishwasher runs for about 30 minutes for so and doesnt have a dry cycle but the dishes dry on their own cause it is really hot on the inside after washing with the hot tap water. I never tried the extra hot option but assume that is really really hot- any thoughts?

PS - i rinse my bottle right after i use them so they are clean

this will save me alot of time - and my hands a lot of grief because now i dunk all my bottles in the pink powder cleaner let em soak a bit then rinse them...

I doubt that it is hot enough, even on the boost. Wet-heat sanitization requires temperatures over 75C.

When I was botteling, I always just used the dishwasher. Of course, I used a regular one that had a heated dry cycle.

I think if they dry pretty quickly, then I think the water is probably hot enough to sanitize.

it won't sanitize. you need a dishwasher's "high heat" drying cycle. hot water sanitization needs to be much much hotter. 170-180 F is what's needed, and your little dishwasher won't cut it.

Remember, clean is not the same as sanitized. I use my dishwasher with a hot dry cycle to clean my bottles, the I dunk them into a tub of Idophore for a couple mins and let them air dry on my bottle tree. Only then are they clean, and sanitized

Latest posts

Back