Alright, really, no rinsing of Star San foam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta laugh this poor guy or girl has got every opinion under the sun much like most threads :) I almost wonder why people bother asking. I don't even know what people would say about inferior products like b brite!

I, for one, am actually finding StarSan foam threads warm and inviting to read on these increasingly cold day...

Hearth.jpg

I am jealous of that fireplace...I used to live out in the sticks with a wood burning stove, now I'me in an apartment with one of those goofy gas fireplaces that turn on with a switch

I am jealous of that fireplace...I used to live out in the sticks with a wood burning stove, now I'me in an apartment with one of those goofy gas fireplaces that turn on with a switch

One of those goofy gas fireplaces that turn on with a switch sounds pretty good right now since I still need to cut and split 2 chords of wood before winter sets in.

(which i'm totally ok with as its in every soda that we drink)

Anyone stating concern about what they drink who admits to drinking soda is interesting! :drunk:

Not busting your balls, just poking fun! :ban:

I recently had a chance to help on brew day at a commercial brewery and was shocked to learn they rinse their ferm tanks with hot tap water AFTER sanitizing with starsan. That goes against all conventional wisdom I've read about sanitation practices but the head brewer claimed he has NEVER had a problem with infection, ever.

When you think about it, if you put tap water in a jar and placed it in your fridge, when do you think you would see microbial infection begin? Maybe not for a very long time. That's not to say there is NO activity , but it might be negligible. Seeing a pro rinse the starsan rocked my sanitation thoughts to the core!

I rarely drink soda anymore do to my dental bills. :D

I was listening to the Sunday session a little while ago, the one with the brewer from Lagunitas and he said that he doesn't trust the no rinse sanitizer as well so he rinses with a little beer first too.

I was listening to the Sunday session a little while ago, the one with the brewer from Lagunitas and he said that he doesn't trust the no rinse sanitizer as well so he rinses with a little beer first too.

And his reasoning was?

And his reasoning was?

I don't remember his reasoning but I seem to remember he mention something about not trusting it and so he rinses with a little beer first. It was the sunday session where the topic was session beers. I may have to go back and listen to that episode so I can see what exactly he said.

I don't remember his reasoning but I seem to remember he mention something about not trusting it and so he rinses with a little beer first. It was the sunday session where the topic was session beers. I may have to go back and listen to that episode so I can see what exactly he said.

Please do, and let us know what he said. This should be hilarious.

Latest posts

Back