Airlock Question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike3701

Reaction score
My brew has been fermenting for 48 hours now. The airlock bubbles a couple bubbles every 2 seconds, is that normal, should it be constant bubbling? How often and how much bubbling should there be? First time brewer, if thats not good enough what should i do? Thanks,:ban:

It's fine. :mug: I would consider every 2 seconds constant bubling. Leave it for at least a week, no matter what crazy idea comes into your head. You'll have beer. :ban:

I concur and don't expect every batch to act the same either. Some will go faster some slower. After awhile you learn to relax don't wory....

and on day 3 when you see no airlock activity...its STILL NOT DONE.
you don't always get a perfectly tight seal on a bucket or carboy...but 'tight enough' is good enough.
always let it run in primary at least a full 7 days.

always let it go 7 days and take a hydrometer reading before doing anything. this will tell you exactly where it's at and will also allow you to have a little taste to see how it's going...

Back