Un carbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wranglerx16

Reaction score
Brewers best summer ale. This is my second batch I just made it and am using my glass carboy to ferment. I don't think I added to much water but at around 77 my og is only around 1.038. I have yet to pitch my yeast. The target for this kit is 1.042-1.046. My batch last year was 1.042. It tasted a bit lighter when I tried it but was fine a few weeks later I had anothe one and it was flat. Tried a few others same thing... Any suggestions or is my batch not good

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you drinking a year old beer that hasn't carbed yet or are you drinking wort that hasn't had any yeast pitched into it?

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you drinking a year old beer that hasn't carbed yet or are you drinking wort that hasn't had any yeast pitched into it?

I'm a lot confused. Could you try to explain it all again, but more clearly?

I have yet to pitch my yeast.

If you haven't pitched your yeast, then of course it's flat. You can't have alcohol or carbonation without yeast! Are we missing something?? Are you somehow stuck in the wrong verb tense? :drunk:

If you use top off water then your gravity readings will be all over the place. If your beer is flat then you didn't carb it properly. That is pretty much all I can tell you with said information.

Sorry i posted from a previous thread I had trouble with. I fermented it fine. The low gravity was from adding to much water prior fermentation but everything worked out fine. I added the priming sugar and waited 3 wks. As I recall the first couple I had were fine just light due to the low gravity. The rest I've tried have been flat. Sorry about the confusion

Sorry i posted from a previous thread I had trouble with. I fermented it fine. The low gravity was from adding to much water prior fermentation but everything worked out fine. I added the priming sugar and waited 3 wks. As I recall the first couple I had were fine just light due to the low gravity. The rest I've tried have been flat. Sorry about the confusion

Sorry, still not very clear here...............What was your final gravity? At what temperature are your bottles sitting? How did you prime and how much priming sugar? What was your bottling process?

Most likely the beer needs more time. 3 weeks at 70 degrees is the recommended MINIMUM:)

Perhaps your priming solution didn't get mixed thoroughly into the beer resulting in some bottles carbing faster than others.

Sorry my fg was a 1.014 which is normal for the kit. My go was low which was the original problem at 1.038-1.039. I bottled on. 6/17

wranglerx16 said:
Sorry my fg was a 1.014 which is normal for the kit. My go was low which was the original problem at 1.038-1.039. I bottled on. 6/17

I used 5 oz priming sugar

I had forgotten about them for quite some time mainly due to dissapiintment. They flavor is great but the bottles are flat. I recently purchased a keg . Do you think it would be possible to unbottle and force carb them in the new keg? Or to much room for infection?

Back