GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started Dexter again (I had gotten distracted around season 4 and stopped watching). Thoroughly entertaining........again....

Lawless was fantastic.

Didn't know quite how to feel about him, but it was good to see that the ****** from the TRANSFORMERS tragedy can actually act in a serious movie.

The big brother was fantastic as well.

I think you're jealous that he had Megan Fox as a girlfriend and rad robot friends.

Dexter starts going downhill after season 4, in my opinion. If I ever re-watch it I will stop after the season 4 finale and pretend that's how the show ended. It would have been much more satisfying that way.

Quit Hemlock Grove mid way through season 1.

Be warned.
Well see, I would have said go ahead and watch it but I say that contingent on the fact that you're posting at a homebrewer forum and I figure you have plenty of alcohol. In the grand scheme of bad things I've watched, this doesn't even crack the top 5 nor is it, in spite of the absurdity they throw in there from time to time, that bad at times. Plus there is the whole thing with that creepy scientist guy that they have to go back to. That paired with the mutant Frankenstein's monster kid, just saying, it could be worse. That said, I'm still just guesstimating that they're trying to outdo True Blood for the most supernatural f'd up things in a single show.

I think you're jealous that he had Megan Fox as a girlfriend and rad robot friends.
Yes, the pretty faced waif. I'm sure that must have been it... Fortunately for him, the constant barrage of radiation (I presume that was the "Rad" part you spoke of) will leave him impotent anyway so having a hot chick on his arm the whole time would be not just a waste, but torturous to boot.

Yes, the pretty faced waif. I'm sure that must have been it... Fortunately for him, the constant barrage of radiation (I presume that was the "Rad" part you spoke of) will leave him impotent anyway so having a hot chick on his arm the whole time would be not just a waste, but torturous to boot.

I bet you're real fun at parties.

Yes, very low budget. Reminded me of a poorly done Evil Dead'ish attempt. Had some funny parts in it but they weren't consistent and infrequent. It's sad though, Alan Tudyk is generally hilarious but even he couldn't save that one.

Yes, very low budget. Reminded me of a poorly done Evil Dead'ish attempt. Had some funny parts in it but they weren't consistent and infrequent. It's sad though, Alan Tudyk is generally hilarious but even he couldn't save that one.

WHAOAH.....

Back off fellas.......give him a day to re-think.

Tucker and Dale and Shaun OT Dead are 2 of the best movies ever made.

Disagree with either, and I will be polite, but I will know how little your opinion is worth.

I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead. I simply wasn't crazy about T&DvE. To be fair, Reaper had just ended and that might have colored my view of it per the Dale character. I'm sorry though, I'd still say it was largely inferior. I took it as a poorly done via Canadia clone.

From a sheer cheesy/campy perspective, I'd regret watching "Aaah! Zombies!!" or whatever they ended up renaming it to less. Production value is admittedly about the same though and the idea was at least different.

Lol, hoppy makes a great point.

Re-visit and forget reaper. Where the eff is Tx???

Seriously...

"College Kids!!!!!"

Watching The Neverending Story. Great ending! Acid, keep your rebuke to under 50 characters :p

Just loved this flick growing up. Quite a bit ahead of its time IMO. On Prime, show your kids. He reels off some really good books to the librarian before he steals the book, the thief

Tucker and Dale and Shaun OT Dead are 2 of the best movies ever made.

Disagree with either, and I will be polite, but I will know how little your opinion is worth.
I haven't been able to type a polite response, so I will quote yours.

edit - ok, that didn't help, I still want to cut off his bowling fingers...

:) I don't bowl so...

And no hoppy, I don't remember any specific negatives other than Tudyk being highly underutilized and the other guy sucking.

Changing gears... Who the hell sticks to 50 characters? And my oldest daughter liked watching The Neverending Story but it was kind of disturbing because she tended to rewind and watch the horse dying over and over again.

Artax always infuriated me as a child. "Fight against the Sadness, Artax. Please, you’re letting the Sadness of the Swamps get to you. You have to try. You have to care. For me. You’re my friend. I love you. STOP BEING SAD, YOU DUMB HORSE. YOU'RE IN THE SWAMP OF SADNESS. IF YOU KEEP BEING SAD YOU'RE GOING TO DIE, M***** F*****. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??? NO WONDER NOBODY LIKES YOU, YOU'RE TOO DAMN DEPRESSING. JUST F****** SINK ALREADY."

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure child-me single handedly killed Artax....

Turns out Artax didn't speak English.

He thought the kid was telling about a dead kitten and became really depressed....that and the terrifying fact that he was about to drown in mud.

BACK OT.....

"Well Howdy doo Officer! Are we glad to see you! There we were, just doing some chores around the house, when COLLEGE KIDS start killin themselves all over my property!"

Best line ever in a movie.

"Well Howdy doo Officer! Are we glad to see you! There we were, just doing some chores around the house, when COLLEGE KIDS start killin themselves all over my property!"

Best line ever in a movie.

Pretty sure I've seen you say that "I kick ass for the Lord!" is the best line in a movie ever.

Well, which is it?

Pretty sure I've seen you say that "I kick ass for the Lord!" is the best line in a movie ever.

Well, which is it?

Finally, someone who's got the cajones to ask the REAL questions.

*brandishes torch and pitchfork*

Cheezy, you've been called out. What do you have to say for yourself, you fickle flip-flopper????

Well, which is it?

I think it depends on his tastes of the day. ;) I sympathize. To this day I find myself to occasionally giggling gleefully when flipping through the channels coming across "Coming to America" to hear "The Royal Penis is clean your highness..."

"I kick ass for the lord!!!!"

Half of you couldn't name the movie.

That is a classic to be sure....................

But T and D vs E is LITTLERED with them.....

"Now Dale, when you see a half naked college girl, you do NOT call out my name!!!"

"Heh he heh, NICE COOLER!"

"COLLEGE KIDS!!!"

"Man am I glad I ain't Hung like a bear!!"

While Dead Alive has just that one.

It is easy to give the lone statement importance, merely because it comes from an awesome movie almost devoid of dialogue.

The only other possibilities come from the Wellington Ladies Welfare League's president's husband.....but "What we need is another war!!!" and "Nice and creamy! Just the way I likes it!!" are hardly noteworthy.

Dale's joking recitation of the most ridiculous thing he can think of to say to a cop, and then subsequent usage of said statement in the absence of a better one, are truly classic.

Granted I spoke in haste. If pressed, even better statements would eventually surface, but NOT in better movies.

What about:

"your mom ate my dog!"
"Not all of it"

Btw, have you seen Redneck Zombies? One if my favorites. Sadly it's not streaming on Netflix, though.

"Now Dale, when you see a half naked college girl, you do NOT call out my name!!!"

"COLLEGE KIDS!!!"

It is easy to give the lone statement importance, merely because it comes from an awesome movie almost devoid of dialogue.

The only other possibilities come from the Wellington Ladies Welfare League's president's husband.....but "What we need is another war!!!" and "Nice and creamy! Just the way I likes it!!" are hardly noteworthy.

Dale's joking recitation of the most ridiculous thing he can think of to say to a cop, and then subsequent usage of said statement in the absence of a better one, are truly classic.

Granted I spoke in haste. If pressed, even better statements would eventually surface, but NOT in better movies.

Half the people who haven't read you prior posts might not could name it. But since you asked it, it kind of gives away the movie title (not to mention the slip lower in the post). And just for giggles given the above discussion and if memory serves, the quote was recycled in True Blood.

I also find your lack of faith disturbing...

"That's my mother you're pissing on."

"Is that the one with the donkey and the chambermaid?"

"Story goes, these great big rats come scuttling off the slave ships and raped all the little tree monkeys. The natives use them in black magic rituals. Don't ask me how, probably suck the blood of virgins, eh, eh?"

"What do you want? You're not from ze immigration. I told you people I lost my bloody papers ok. My family left Latvia during the occupation. Ve vere hunted like dogs!"

If pressed, even better statements would eventually surface, but NOT in better movies.

Challenge accepted!

"You guys, I can't feel my balls!"

"Fudge, Packer?"

"You don't think we are Indians? Look at all these teepees we have. Because we are ... Indians!"

"Wait a minute, you wouldn't even eat your shoes."
"Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes."

"Wait, you're cutting into his butt."
"Well what kind of piece do you want?"
"Well not butt!"

"So cold ... can't move ... can't feel ... can't make complete sentences..."

"I'll go. You guys watch the fire. And nobody eat anybody."

"Probably the most important thing is, when things get really bad and the world looks its darkest, you just have to throw up your hands and say "alright," because it's probably gonna get a whole hell of a lot worse."

"COLLEGE KIDS!!!"

I'm part of the other half then. as far as I know, it still holds the record for the most fake blood ever used in a movie. the lawnmower scene was to die for. (see what I did there?)

Challenge accepted!

"You guys, I can't feel my balls!"

"Fudge, Packer?"

"You don't think we are Indians? Look at all these teepees we have. Because we are ... Indians!"

"Wait a minute, you wouldn't even eat your shoes."
"Well yeah, but you put your feet in shoes."

"Wait, you're cutting into his butt."
"Well what kind of price do you want?"
"Well not butt!"

"So cold ... can't move ... can't feel ... can't make complete sentences..."

"I'll go. You guys watch the fire. And nobody eat anybody."

"Probably the most important thing is, when things get really bad and the world looks its darkest, you just have to throw up your hands and say "alright," because it's probably gonna get a whole hell of a lot worse."

"Lets build a snowman!"

Back