How much do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elproducto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I searched, and couldn't seem to find a previous thread.

Since I've started homebrewing, my beer consumption has gone way up.. mostly because it's so god damned tasty!
I drink about 2 beers a night, and started to wonder if that is excessive.

two a night is normal. I think. I am dry now (deployed) but when I am home I can do six a school night and weekends, I have no idea.

I could brew 5 gallon every weekend no problem, in fact I love the process as much as drinking it. Problem is, most of my friends don't like the same beers I like so it's hard to give away. I like my IPA's to be fresh, so I don't want to brew too many.

there are threads (and even polls) on this, but they are indeed hard to find with the search function.

2 beers a day is not excessive, IMO.

I drink 1 a day (with my dinner) and sometimes have a second one later in the evening when the kids are in bed.

With my wife consuming the same as me, we go through about 10 gallons a month, and nobody ever even puts the slightest buzz on at that rate.

My wife is also pregnant, so she won't touch the stuff. That will help I'm sure, but she's more of a beer on the weekend type person.

I just love the stuff I'm brewing, it's so bloody tasty. I've started to brew some smaller session type apa's so that I'm not consuming as much actual alcohol. I'm not actually concerned that I'm an alcoholic, I was just curious as to how much other's drank.

I forget where I read or heard it, but someone said that they almost wish beer didn't have alcohol so they could drink more of it.

I think maybe 3-4 beers, 2-3 times a week (during the week)...

On the weekends I don't count, I typically catch a buzz and maintain it all day....

I never realized how much my wife drank until she was preggers and it took me FOREVER to go through a keg, LOL!

20 oz Pine Martin Pale Ale after work with the crew.
1-2 12 oz Budweisers while shooting pool or pinball at the Tavern closer to home.
4-8 16 oz HomeBrews once home.

Every day.

Yes I am an alcoholic but I am ok with that.

I said this before but got some flack for saying so but I really think the ABV makes a difference when you are talking about how many. You can't compare a guy who has 2 Natural Lights a night to a guy who has 2 12oz glasses of a triple or quad 11% beer.

That is how I see it and I am sticking to it!!

I have the problem that I cant drink as much as I brew, so I enlist the help of my friends. I have a beer a night and maybe 6-10 over the whole weekend.

My consumption varies a lot. It depends on the day, my mood, and what I'm doing on any given day. Some weeks, I'll drink 2-3 beers multiple nights a week. Some weeks, I'll have 1 beer all week.

I said this before but got some flack for saying so but I really think the ABV makes a difference when you are talking about how many. You can't compare a guy who has 2 Natural Lights a night to a guy who has 2 12oz glasses of a triple or quad 11% beer.

That is how I see it and I am sticking to it!!

Agree. My beers are usually in the 5.5-7.4% range so 2 of those guys about the same as 3+ BMC light beers? Good Trade!

My consumption varies a lot. It depends on the day, my mood, and what I'm doing on any given day. Some weeks, I'll drink 2-3 beers multiple nights a week. Some weeks, I'll have 1 beer all week.

Well, you are a Fetus, so you shouldn't even be drinking! :D

I have no idea how much alcohol is in any of my beer. I check OG to see how my mash went, and I typically target the 1.050 to 1.055 range, but I don't ever check FG.

i rarely drink, maybe a 2-4 on the weekends.
but i love to brew, i need to find more ways to get people over the house to drink my beer!
i cant let it go to waste.

1 bomber a night is typical for me, sometimes two if I'm sharing. I know that some people think it's a lot, but we, as North Americans, are programmed to think that daily alcohol consumption is always alcoholism, while we encourage binge drinking at special events or in bars.

I hardly ever get buzzed (or, let alone, trashed) and instead savour every sip. Way healthier than banging 8 beers night every Saturday while dancing to crap music in *****y bars.

1 beer with dinner and a couple other beers throughout the work evening. Usually no more than 3 in one night. Every couple of weekends will have one night of pretty severe intoxication and there's no telling how many are consumed then.

Since I've started homebrewing, my beer consumption has gone way up.. mostly because it's so god damned tasty!
I drink about 2 beers a night, and started to wonder if that is excessive.

I probably have only 2-4 beers a week. I prefer a cocktail before dinner and have a beer with dinner only with certain (generally spicy) foods. A homebrew batch usually lasts me about 5 months but I enjoy the process and enjoy the compliments I get on the ones I give away.

I average about 2 a night during the week. I'll have one with dinner around 5:30 and another once my son goes to sleep around 8. I usually never catch a buzz during the week. On the weekend I may drink up to 4 a day, but usually not more than that.

Sooooo.........If I drink 30 on fri/sat nite and maybe a couple on wed. My per/nite average would be like almost a sixer. I kinda like the sound of that. I think i'll go look at my carboy and have a beer.

20 oz Pine Martin Pale Ale after work with the crew.
1-2 12 oz Budweisers while shooting pool or pinball at the Tavern closer to home.
4-8 16 oz HomeBrews once home.

Every day.

Yes I am an alcoholic but I am ok with that.

I'm gonna show this post to the SWMBO and tell her im not an alcoholic
:mug:

I have no idea how much alcohol is in any of my beer. I check OG to see how my mash went, and I typically target the 1.050 to 1.055 range, but I don't ever check FG.

Hmmm that's funny, I do the opposite. Check FG but not usually OG.

I drink 8-12 5-8% beers strictly every other night.

My issue isn't with how much alochol I'm getting but how may calories. If I do more than have 4-8 on the weekends total I lose the battle of the bulge. Currently have 2 beers fermenting and nothing in the keg so will be taking a break for a couple of weeks since I've got a 1/2 marathon coming up and the less weight up the hills the better.

I drink 1-2 a night during the week. The weekends I tend to drink more. I wake up on the weekends and would love to have a homebrew for breakfast. It is so tempting. I fight the urge though and hold of until noon (most of the time).

3 - 5 12 oz, either craft, Homebrew or the occasional BMC ( gotta get bottles from somewhere, right ?) on a week/ work night. ( As I post on the third Grolsch of the night as a matter of fact.....)

Friday night, Saturday, Sunday? Hell, who knows? So long as I don't run out, I ain't counting bottles.....

( And yes, serious post, not jokes )

My family is mostly from Germany, so I grew up with beer being a food item. It's not unusual to see someone having a (one) beer with breakfast, or one with every meal. No one really gets drunk in my family (except for rare occasions), but we all love our beer.

Typically, I'll drink 1-2 12 oz beers a day.

never more then 3 days a week (usually 2 days)...usually drink 8-10 on friday...2-3 on tuesday...

Back