Grolsch bottles and framboise lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, but I'm looking at one right now and that's awfully thick glass--even thicker than a standard beer bottle. I would imagine that it would be fine.

I use a case of old brown grolsch bottles with ceramic flip tops and have had no problem with any of them. they seal very tight and are very strong

I use a case of old brown grolsch bottles with ceramic flip tops and have had no problem with any of them. they seal very tight and are very strong

And that was for a highly carbed lambic? What volumes of CO2 were you shooting for.. (just curious!)

The only problems I've had with swingtops are that they will off gas if the seal rubber is old or the wire latches are bent, etc. That being said, I've not bottled any wild fermented style ale in grolsch, yet. Also, I don't remember ever even seeing a broken one, so that's saying something for around here, they are tough.

Latest posts

Back