1st brew with my e-keggle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
So I'm brewing 10g of my APA. I don't have much time so I'm doing an extract w/grains. My e-keggle got 12 gallons of 55F water to steeping temp (155F) in under 30mins and it's steeping away right now... I'm looking forward to see how quickly it boils... I'll keep posting since I have nothing better to do... :D

Oh, I thought it was fully automated and controlled over the Internet... like, he's sitting at work and decided, "What the hell... might as well start brewing up an APA!" clicky clicky...

Oh, I thought it was fully automated and controlled over the Internet... like, he's sitting at work and decided, "What the hell... might as well start brewing up an APA!" clicky clicky...

Now that's an idea! Might take a little more $$ though... hmm...

That is what I was thinking, but man is sounds so much funnier when I read your response.

Now that's an idea! Might take a little more $$ though... hmm...
I've been doing a little research today, and if you use an Arduino microcontroller like Yuri Rage does, you can tack on an "Arduino Ethernet Shield" (which comes with a TCP/IP stack and example codes for a basic web server) and with some clever programming you could make your automated rig "tweakable" over the web. I think the ethernet hardware is $20 or so (on top of the existing Arduino hardware, which also isn't that expensive). I'm impressed enough that I'm going to start using Arduinos for automation, and have already worked out how I can read the temperature of a fermentation chamber via HTTP, and change it if desired, also via HTTP.

Anyway, don't want to derail your thread. I'm working on finishing my long-stalled e-keggle project so I can brew my first batch of beer in over a year! I share your excitement, and I'm still probably at least a few weeks away. :)

Wow, this is going off on a tangent quick! A fun one though,.. anyway, I underestimated the power of my keggle. I had my first boil over ever! That sucker got to a roaring boil in no time and I lost a wee bit... anyway, it's under control now and going strong...

Well, the brew went great! I love this electric thing! I was able to brew in my garage without worrying about CO death! Anyway, now I KNOW I need a pump. Lifting 10g of hot wort up high enough to use my CFC was a *****! I'm thinking I'm going to need to buy it sooner than later...

Latest posts

Back