Posting Beer smith files?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so everyone cut and pastes their stuff out of beersmith... why does no one just attach the file? I mean its nice to look at it, but why not make it down loadable too? (I just got beersmith, and only have 4 recipes :drunk:)

Ok, so everyone cut and pastes their stuff out of beersmith... why does no one just attach the file? I mean its nice to look at it, but why not make it down loadable too? (I just got beersmith, and only have 4 recipes :drunk:)

Haha- I'm the exact opposite. I can't cut and paste- it doesn't seem to "let" me, but I attach the BSM file. Some people don't have Beersmith though and ask you for the text file anyway!

Yooper, you have to single click on the recipe so it shows in the bottom pane, highlight, right click / copy. For some reason Ctrl-C doesnt work. Then you can paste.

For those new to Beersmith, there are a couple hundred recipes available online from the beersmith site. Cant vouch for any of them, but its good for ideas. :mug:

I think they're submitted by various people, they've got different names on them --though a lot are from the same person. Who they people are though, I have no idea

I've brewed a couple of the "Brian Smith" recipes. AFAIK, he is the programmer of BeerSmith. They turned out pretty good. The others I dl'ed to check them out but most just seem "off" to me. *shrug*

Listen to JZ's Style podcasts and write down his recipes. Great starting point for messing with the software and you'll have a good recipe for each style to build off of.

I even have the book, just wanted to be able to DL them, instead of entering them...

just generally kinda curious as to why there is no DB of beersmith files on HBT!

I even have the book, just wanted to be able to DL them, instead of entering them...

just generally kinda curious as to why there is no DB of beersmith files on HBT!

Sounds like you have a Holy Quest! Go Forth and Populate the Recipe Threads with BSM files, my son!

:D

I've brewed a couple of the "Brian Smith" recipes. AFAIK, he is the programmer of BeerSmith. They turned out pretty good. The others I dl'ed to check them out but most just seem "off" to me. *shrug*

Actually Brian is a friend of mine (not related) but he was kind enough to provide some of his great recipes.

Brad

Latest posts

Back