Costco-Beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottles are plain brown bottles perfect for entering beer in comps and the labels just float off with a long soak in hot water and oxyclean. I had a mix of bottles and after scrubbing and thumbnail scraping a few dozen Widmer bottles I learned to appreciate the Costco bottles. Soak, label falls off, any residue left behind just wipes off with no scrubbing necessary. I'm going to stop saving certain bottles and just pick up a case of Costco beer now and then to bolster my bottle supply.

I found the same thing. Hot water and Oxyclean literally melt the labels off. Most bottles like Sam Adams, New Belgium, etc. take a little effort. The Costco labels came off so cleanly I would swear they were adhered with milk.

The beers themselves aren't great, but they aren't bad. At less than $1 a piece, they will be my default when I need a case of competition-worthy bottles.

Well I went to CostCo.com to see if they listed Beer. But I didn't find any. Interestingly enough I did find beer ingredient kits there. I didn't know they sold beer kits :rockin:

I put off buying this for a long time, but finally picked up a pack of the Kirkland beer. For the price, I am impressed. The amber is decent, the pale ale and lager definitely better than some BMC. Haven't tried the hefe yet.

For the price, it's a good "cheap" beer to have around.

I recently got a case of Kirkland from Costco. It has an Amber Ale, Pale Ale, Belgian White & an IPA. Upon opening the box this is what I found. One of the Belgian Whites top wrap around label was coming off so I pulled it out to look at it and etched on the bottle is Sam Adams. I spot checked the rest of the case and that is the only bottle in there. All 4 kinds say they were brewed and bottled by New Yorker Brewing Co, Utica, New York. Did I just buy a case of Sam Adams for 18.99? :ban:

Yes you bought a case of Sam Adams. Costco has deals with alot of breweries and distilleries. Their vodka is actually Belvedere vodka. I was really surprised the first time I tried a Kirkland beer. A friend brought a case to a bbq and we all laughed until we tried one. We were all surprised they were actually decent beers.

Can folks please have the courtesy to check the pictures when you post them? And if their larger than 580 pixels wide, to please resize them. You end up making the thread unreadible when posting pics that big.

Can folks please have the courtesy to check the pictures when you post them? And if their larger than 580 pixels wide, to please resize them. You end up making the thread unreadible when posting pics that big.

Sorry!

Yes you bought a case of Sam Adams. Costco has deals with alot of breweries and distilleries. Their vodka is actually Belvedere vodka. I was really surprised the first time I tried a Kirkland beer. A friend brought a case to a bbq and we all laughed until we tried one. We were all surprised they were actually decent beers.

They are decent! I was thoroughly surprised. It's also helped me stay out of my ESB that is still a bit young.

Back