Renting my Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_reaper1066

Reaction score
So one of the guys in my homebrew club asked me if it would be possible to rent my keezer for his sister's wedding. I know a lot about brewing beer but not much when it comes to the catering business. Anyone else ever been in the same situation, or can offer any tips on what a keezer rental should go for? I would like to cut him a fair deal, but it will still involve me transporting and setting the keezer up at the wedding site.
A few pics of the object in question:
http://fcba.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=107326036

Thats a nice setup you've got there.
If he's going to pick it up himself, I would charge him about $75 to $100 for the night. And make sure he assumes responsibility for any damages.

I think $100 sounds fair if he's picking it up. More if you're transporting it. Just be sure not to include beer if there's money being exchanged.

Thats a nice setup you've got there.
If he's going to pick it up himself, I would charge him about $75 to $100 for the night. And make sure he assumes responsibility for any damages.

$100 is what number popped into my head, but it can be aproached in a couple different ways.
1. he picks it up in clean and sanitized condition - and it gets returned in the exact same condition (I don't know if I'd do that with such a beautifull keezer)
2. you deliver and set up - bring back yourself, clean and sanitize ect..
of course there would be a considerable difference in cost there

The wedding is about a 1.5 hour drive away, I had planned on transporting it and setting it up for him, then visiting some friends for the night. I may tell him $100 for the keezer plus milage/gas, but at 270 km it'll be around $250

So one of the guys in my homebrew club asked me if it would be possible to rent my keezer for his sister's wedding.

In my idea of a club this wouldnt be a question. I wouldn't go out of my way if I was busy but at the end of the day we're all in this hobby for the same thing. If you don't know or like the guy or he's rich or something then I guess you could charge him but I don't know. I just like promoting the hobby to both brewing and non-brewing people. I can't think of a better thing than having someone that brews good beer "on the hook':rockin:. Then again, maybe his beer sucks. YMMV

Back