Miracle Fruit Makes Bitter Taste Sweet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared311

Reaction score
So I have read several articles about the Miracle Fruit and think I am going to purchase some soon and have a tasting party. Apparently after consuming the miracle fruit berry, your taste buds will be temporarily remapped to think that extremely bitter flavors are actually extremely sweet. So if you bite into a fresh lemon it will taste like the sweetest lemonade you have ever had. I told my brother about them and he called me a couple of days ago to tell me he had experienced them and that they are as great as described in the articles. If you are interested, check out the wiki article:

Wiki: Miracle Fruit

Or just go head and order some from here:

Miracle Fruit Man

Brownie points to the first person who comes up with a delicious recipe. I suggest something similar to Stone's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

deja vu. i could swear i saw this exact same post several months ago. word for word. i must be going crazy.

the fruit does sound cool though.

This is really interesting. I wonder what a strong IIPA would taste with one of these.

You wouldn't be able to brew with them because cooking them would render them ineffective, but you could eat them then try beer.

I kind of just assumed it didn't exist. I really put absolutely no thought into it further. Some one really needs to try these and let us know.

Oh, I'm disappointed. I misread the title as "Musical Fruit". I was expecting a good fart story.

Dang.

Tried this about 35 years ago. The biggest problem is it makes everything that's even slightly SOUR (not bitter) taste sweet for as long as an hour.

Always wanted to try this. A Times article about Miracle Fruit parties said something about how hosts should hold off on serving good wine because it'll all just taste like sweet port anyway.

WTF zombie thread is back from the deeeeeaaaaaaad.
AND IT WANTS TO EAT YOUR BRAINS

Oh, and sell you miracle fruit via a cleverly placed spam, apparently.

Back