Help me eBIAB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on using this bag. to do BIAB in a eKeggle. I'm nearing the end of the build. I'm planning on recirculating during mash, and would "like" to be able to add heat during mash to maintain/step during mash.

So, my question is this, am I on the right track, or way off base? wondering what I might be missing. I've got a single tier stand done, I'll be using a Chugger pump. running a 5500w ULWD element.

PJ, I made a mistake, that is the bag I have. I guess what my biggest question is, will I be able to get the bag down in the pot enough to have enough contact with the water, given there is an element in the way (remember, it's a Keg).

Then, will I be able to get the grain bag back out?

I'd rig a false bottom in the keg to keep the bag elevated above the element area. Place your grain and tie the opening of the bag off at the very top with a decent length of cord. This way the whole thing can rest on the false bottom without issues and then taken out when needed.

Back