Another late night brew session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyjerz

Reaction score
Yea I kind of enjoy brewing during these hours. 10pm to 4am. No calls, the wife and animals are all asleep, no one to bother me. Just me and brew.

Tonight I'm working on the AHS Sam Adams Summer Ale clone. The grains have about 6 more mins left and my strike water is just about ready.

3431-imag0720.jpg

I'll post more pics as I go.

3432-imag0721.jpg

3433-imag0722.jpg

3434-imag0724.jpg

3435-imag0725.jpg

3436-imag0726.jpg

3437-imag0728.jpg

I know what you mean. I made a starter 2 of them actually (my first actually) yesterday morning, and 12 hours later it was going nuts so i decided to just brew at midnight, somewhere in the back of my head I heard Ob1 saying "luke, starters pitch best at high krauzen" . Im a extract brewer anyway so its alot faster.

Needless to say, woke up todat and got two batchs bubbling away like mad.

You must be a 3rd-shifter. I used to start my brews in the afternoon, but now I start them the night before. Works great.

Looks like you have a great brew going there.

I like the way you think, OP. I don't think I've ever started a brewing session before 10 pm. I always do it on Saturday night after SWMBO and the dog have gone to bed.

Another one here. I brew late friday night after my wife and daughter are sleeping. Usually, I'm pitching yeast around 1am ish.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I love to brew late into the night... and I also really enjoy brewing by my self. Showing and teaching people to brew is awesome but it is also great going the whole process without having to explain what you are doing and why. Last time I brewed I was at my sister-in-laws house and it was time for the kids to play outside right when my mash was finished... awful timing.

Just finished brewing myself. Wife fell asleep on the couch with 45 min left in the boil so I cracked open a home brew (or three) and spent the last couple of hours hanging out with the brew kettle and a billion little yeasties.

You guys brew after the dogs are in bed? Who guards your boil kettle then while you're off in the john?

I spent many years working Graveyard.
If I could brew consistently at this time of night and not annoy the neighbors, I would.

I have done an extract batch or ten at night however. :)

Latest posts

Back