So what did I create?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billc68

Reaction score
Well, I thought I was done with canned kits, but I had a Cooper's European Lager kicking around. So what did I do? I bought another kit and decided to use both cans but no added sugars or malts.

I brewed it with 3 packages of the Lager yeast that came with the kit... why did I have an extra package of yeast??? well that's another story, but a good one...

I brewed it at 16C (61F) for about 2 weeks, then kegged it for 12 weeks and cracked it today.

The taste is VERY clean, no esters, but with double the hops, it kind of tastes like a lighter IPA (maybe and APA, no access to them here, so no idea) colour is like an IPA and quite hoppy, but no esters. Maybe I can call this a European Pale Lager (EPL) I like it very much and may brew another.

I am assuming this brew is hopped with Noble and Hallertauer.

Well, I thought I was done with canned kits, but I had a Cooper's European Lager kicking around. So what did I do? I bought another kit and decided to use both cans but no added sugars or malts.

I brewed it with 3 packages of the Lager yeast that came with the kit... why did I have an extra package of yeast??? well that's another story, but a good one...

I brewed it at 16C (61F) for about 2 weeks, then kegged it for 12 weeks and cracked it today.

The taste is VERY clean, no esters, but with double the hops, it kind of tastes like a lighter IPA (maybe and APA, no access to them here, so no idea) colour is like an IPA and quite hoppy, but no esters. Maybe I can call this a European Pale Lager (EPL) I like it very much and may brew another.

I am assuming this brew is hopped with Noble and Hallertauer.
You cannot get Pale Ales but you can get IPAs??

Back