Fridge Conversion Time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
is coming very soon.

I just got this bad boy in the mail from my parents for Christmas:
tower-double.jpg

I just want to make sure I have everything I need. I know I'll need a dual line regulator, and some gas hosing and I'll need to cut off the stock keg connects and put on my own liquid ball lock disconnects. I'm unsure about lengths of tubing, etc. My set up now works perfectly and I'd hate to screw it up after my success. What else do I need?

SWEET!

6 feet of tubing should work. You don't need a dual line regulator. They make distributors that work better. Like this:

distributor.jpg

Also, A faucet wrench will come in handy when it is time to clean those faucets. What a PITA without one, IMHO.

Thanks Dude,

With one of the splitters you have pictured there would it be possible to have two beers at two different PSIs?

If not, could I theoretically just buy gauges and regulator bodies and attach it to one of those splitters? (Not sure if this would be any cheaper..)

Only two taps? Do your parents hate you?

Secondary regulator, http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=12095 The description is wrong, it is a regulator that will take up to 100 psi and reduce it. You'll need a low pressure gage as well. I have two of these in my kegger, which lets me have three pressures inside, primary from the tank's regulator (typically 30 psi) and then two pair of gas lines at lower pressures.

2113-img_0787.jpg

It's only four taps and five cobras out in the aging cabinet. You're confusing me with someone who has a nice setup.

haha. i have some of those secondaries, and i'll tell you a secret - i am using one as a primary regulator. haha. it is working quite well actually. i have a total of 5 of these units, and use four as secondaries.

if you only have two faucets, and a capacity of two beers total, then i don't see the harm of having a triple gauge regulator (two regulator bodies) so you can serve each beer to style if desired. just make sure it fits in the fridge, or if you are outside of the fridge, i guess you don't have to worry about it.

Or one of these. I've personally not had a problem having about 8-10 psi on both kegs regardless of style.

bf742-2.jpg

desertBrew said:
Or one of these. I've personally not had a problem having about 8-10 psi on both kegs regardless of style.

bf742-2.jpg
8-10 psi? That's not much carbonation. I guess you like beer that seems pretty flat?

it depends on the temperature. i keep my beers at 40F and 10psi, which is about 2.4 volumes of co2, if i remember correctly.

gnef said:
it depends on the temperature. i keep my beers at 40F and 10psi, which is about 2.4 volumes of co2, if i remember correctly.
Pretty close - 2.3 psi by my chart, which is still pretty low for a carbonation level. I like my brews to be a little fizzier.

Yep, lower temp higher carb rate. My fridge is at about 38 and at 10 psi gives you 2.38 vol co2 and in the medium range of carbonation. I also keep it at about 14 until it gets carbonated then turn it down.

Latest posts

Back