Hey, my first post!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJtuna

Reaction score
Hey, I brewed a BB kit IPA on 3/7. Transfered it to a secondary on 3/23 and want to bottle it today for a party on 4/17. That will be 3 weeks in prim/sec. and 3 weeks bottled. Now for the Kolsch...Brewed it 3/15 and it's still in the primary. I would like to have this ready for the party also. Should I transfer to a secondary for a few days to clear? What day should I bottle this so it can be enjoyed on 4/17?

The minimum amount of time I let my bottles condition is 2 weeks. By that point I usually have good carbonation, its just the flavors that may need a little bit more time to develop. However, if you impatient, like me, that is ok.

So, my vote it bottle on the first or second of the month.

Welcome NJtuna.
Glad to see another from NJ. I'm near Burlington where are you?
I'm guessing you do extract. I do all grain and keg. If you or someone else need cornies I have some (4 sale) for pick up only

Hey Tepe, I'm in Mercer County. I work in Bordentown. I was looking to purchase a kegging kit with a few Cornies. How many can you spare and for how much? These were my first brews and figure I'll stick with the kits for a while. Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks Mike, I'll bottle on 4/1 or 2nd. Do you think I should just leave it in the primary or go to secondary for a few days to help clear?

I'm 20 Min south of Bordentown. I lived there 30 years ago. Have you stopped at the new Irish Pub yet? Come stop by some Sunday when I do AG. I also run a Wine Club in S. Jersey.
PM me and I will tell U how much. I dont need all of the 20+ cornies anymore since I make alot of Wine.
I have 10 gallons of Bass Clone and 10 gallons of Newcastle clone aging. I always do 10 gallon batches.
Where do you get your supplies? Princeton Homebrew?

Back