So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pitched and sealed up two fermentors of 5 gallons each of Luganitas IPA. Now the clean up begins.

Just finished my self-proclaimed Iron Maiden Ale. It's an ESB brewed in honor of my first Maiden concert June 9th. Up the irons!!!!

Just finished a batch of cream ale. Hoping to bottle up my brown ale this evening.

I'll be brewing an American wheat I call Hugh Hef. My uneducated friends wanted a hefe, I made a "traditional" one w/hefe yeast. They were like "dude this doesn't taste like Widmer". So I'll give them one brewed w/ pacman so no good hefe flavors are in there. Chumps!

Had plans to do an AHS Belgian White and a Fat Tire Amber Ale this weekend, but UPS dropped the ball again...

05/07/2010 6:48 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY

05/07/2010 2:58 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

UPS won't even let me pick up the package (and won't do a Sat. delivery). Poor yeasties, getting cooked in a non-air conditioned parcel center all weekend...:(

Brewing an American Wheat today. Haven't brewed in a couple months. The wife is gone for the day and I've got some cold ones in the fridge. Should be a good day :)

brewing is officially suspended until I build my SOF Chiller. My brew closet gets way too hot, and I know more now than last year, so I refuse to make bad beer because of a hot closet. I just hope my wife likes her mothers day gift of 2 inch extruded polystyrene, liquid nails and a thermostat. My fingers are crossed

Brewing a tasty dry stout! After the last one I decided who cares if its summer, its too good not to brew again!

*edit: 83% efficiency!! My system is finally hitting its stride!

Brewing up a concoction that will use all New Zealand Motueka Hops. I'm not really sure what to call it. Imperial Kolsch maybe?? Koln IPA??

9 1/2 lbs Vienna
1/2lb Munich
1/2lb Crystal 40

1oz Motueka @ 60,30,5, & Flame out

Wyeast 2565 Kolsch ale yeast

Just brewed my Dirty Dishwater Hefewiezen. It got the name because as we were racking to the fermentor, my wife said it looked like dirty dishwater. Yeast is in and waiting for the fermentation to commence.

Making a Tripel tomorrow; I'm counting it as the weekend considering I've been studying all weekend for my final tomorrow. The post-exam celebration will be brewing up this 10-11% Belgian delight :rockin::D Wrote up a delicious looking recipe:

13# Belgian Pilsner
2# Munich Malt
2# Dememera sugar (1# added to boil for 15 minutes, 1# added after fermentation slows down)
1# Dextrose (added to boil for 15 minutes)

2oz Mt. Hood (@60)
0.5oz Saaz (@25)
0.5oz Saaz (@5)

WLP#500 Trappist Ale (supposedly the Chimay strain)

Brewing Denny Conn's Rye IPA today. I had to make some hop and yeast substitutions based on what ingredients were available.

Update: Missed my post boil target gravity, 1.082 and only got 1.067, I was using some older crushed grain I had lying around so it's either that or my sparge wasn't as efficent as I thought. Still, the wort tasted fantastic, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. This was my first AG, in a while, without any equipment issues.

Tried my first all grain yesterday. I was going for a hoppy American pale but I blew my efficiency. At least I know what I did wrong. I expect to do a lot better next time.

Made the starter for my pilsner this weekend. I'll brew the beer Tuesday though. Woohoo for finally getting to brew again!

I'm trying to get 4 batches done before June. Last Tuesday I brewed an Imperial Red Ale with some brown sugar tastiness...finished at 3:45 AM then got up for work at 5:30. Fun.

Just pitched the yeast on my NHC rebrew of the Ginger Bread Brown. The numbers are a little different from the last time, but no snags in the process and I have better temp control now. Excited!

Just bottled and kegged 10 gallons of Bells Oberon clone Saturday. Pitched yeast in 5 gallons of cider yesterday. The local cider mill pressed some apples and was nice enough to fill a fermentor for me. Today I rack 10 gallons of IPA to the secondarys and dry hop.

Mashing grain for a Hallertau lager right now... 5 oz of leaf Hallertau in 5 gallons, pitching a big ol' starter of White Labs WLP838 Southern German Lager. Hopefully it will be ready to drink by mid-late summer! If I have time, I may do a quick IPA too... I just need to buy doubles of all my gear so I can do 2 different batches at the same time on brew day.

Hit the supply store at lunch today - doing a batch of Tampa Red this weekend. First brewday since the end of March. Time is flying!!

Brewing a barleywine saturday. Gonna pour onto the yeast cake of my SNPA clone, thats ready to keg.

Doing a Chimay Red Clone on Saturday. I'm trying to get ahead of the "party season" at our house this summer and my goal to provide my beer, to my guests, this summer, which means I need to brew at least twice a month for the next 1 to 2 months. Which is nice because I find that the more frequently that I brew, the easier it gets and the more I'm learning.

Of course, you also start tweaking your gearing....which is never ending.

Back