homebrewing.org

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to make the move to kegging and I've been looking for supplies. I've heard varied comments on this place, but so far it seems to be the cheapest place for cornies... what's been your experience with them? Good product, service,? Thanks.

I bought four from them and they came on time and all had pressure in them. They are used so don't expect them to be cosmetically perfect. They will have minor dents and scratches, but they should work just fine.

I bought 4 from them a while back and they came quick and all worked fine.
I just ordered 4 more. I also got the O-ring kits they sell for each and a tub of keg lube..

I ordered 4 from them 1 didn't hold pressure. So they sent me a new lid for it fast and now they are all great. The price is low, the service is great, and I will order from them in the future.

I actually went to the shop and got 2 cornis. When I got home I realized 1 leaked from the presure release valve. They sent me a new one right away. I actually got my whole 2 tap tower set-up/regulator/co2 tank from them. Good prices, service was good. Seem on top of things.

They are my local home brew supply store. They have been really great. I purchased four corney's from them, along with a new set of o-rings and popit's four each. I just went to use one of those popit's last Friday and found it to be defective, while getting the stuff for my first AG batch I told them of the problem with the popit. They gave me a new one along with an apology for the inconvenience. Now this may seem like a small thing but the apology was heartfelt. I had been going to another shop prior and purchased a thermometer that was found to be defective after leaving the shop (got in the car, opened it, went back in). When I went back in they told me that they were not responsible for the damage and I would have to buy another, needles to say I no longer go to that shop.

Sounds like a great LHBS. Mine here in Orlando (heartshomebrew.com) always seems like I am an inconvienece when I enter there store. When I ask questions they respond in a condescending manner probably because Im young (22) and they think I dont have a clue. Gosh Id love to get some freakin respect round hur.!!

Ian

gonzoflick said:
Sounds like a great LHBS. Mine here in Orlando (heartshomebrew.com) always seems like I am an inconvienece when I enter there store. When I ask questions they respond in a condescending manner probably because Im young (22) and they think I dont have a clue. Gosh Id love to get some freakin respect round hur.!!

Ian

Sounds like one of the two around here.. I too am young (25) and when I went to one for the first time to buy some grains the guy told me I was stupid for brewing all grain.... He then told me that it must be nice to have my time worth nothing to me... Then he went to tell the other people in the store that I had nothing better to do with my time. I walked out and he proceded to follow me out the door telling me he was going to have to charge me $0.40/lb to mill the grain and it would take him a few hours to get 10lbs of grain! Never going back there. Even though the other one is a lot farther away I still drive the extra to avoid that shop. BTW this is the shop to AVOID! http://www21.inetba.com/westboylstonhomebrewemporium/_wcatalog.htm

I wish Homebrewing.org was near me... I just got 4 more kegs delivered today from them :) Can't wait to get home to see them...

Sorry about your LHBW but Sweetness on getting the kegs.. Im ordering some from this next week as I hope to keg my third batch then. Let me know how the kegs turn out

Well 3 of the 4 I just got have No dents at all! Very nice shape. One has 2 tiny dents in the bottom... Like the size of a marble. Nothing to worry about... All came pressurized so now I just have to wash them out and put on the new O-rings.

So I have a stupid question. What are the poppits that you can buy as an option? Whenever I've bought my cornies in the past I just buy them and an o-ring set.

The poppits are these things
4544.jpg

They are in the posts on the kegs. I have always just washed mine...

Back