• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alabama conan yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nedvalton

Reaction score
I have 13 vials of propagated Conan yeast. The batch I did with it has turned out great at bottling. I split my starter and made a batch and made a 3.5 gallon yeast cake (no hops)
$8 shipped

New jersey and Michigan I believe are both 2 day transit which shouldn't pose a problem. For $1 I can toss in an ice pouch thing. I think they run about .8 at the store

In 90 degrees+ weather i don't think an ice pack is going to make much of a difference unless there is some sort of insulation.

Do you have any left, I am in Michigan as well I seen some others have you figured out insulation if so let me know.

Cheers

I have the insulation worked out. Pipe insulation and foam. I still have some available to any interested

did you have any issues with infection when you were culturing your conan yeast? i've tried to culture it 4 times now (from 2 diff batches) and every time it gets infected. hubby and i are thinking of culturing from infected vial using an antibiotic and plating it out and only picking the cultures that look right. just annoyed. haven't ever had trouble culturing yeast from a bottle - idk if it was bc it was from a can or what. very frustrating.

I didn't notice any infection. Smelled great when culturing. I have know others who were successful as well.

Let me check when I get home. If not I plan to propagate another batch soon.

Please don't continue selling yeast on this forum. Once, because you had an overrun, was understandable. But to continue to propagate and sell would make you a vendor. If you want to do this, contact TxBrew regarding a vendor subscription.

Sorry to be a killjoy, I'd like some of that Conan goodness myself, but we don't allow sales here except excess stuff. If you are propagating for sales purposes, you are a vendor.

I believe that none of our vendors sell this strain. Only East Coast Yeast (ECY-29) sells this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back