GT Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice build. I'm looking to do something similar albeit I'm a huge Ohio State fan...This is one of my favorite keezer builds! Good job.

Thanks. That means a lot considering some of the keezers that are on here. Here's a next to last pic hopefully, then the next will be with all of the goodies attached.

5q6v.jpg

Thanks to Karkinos, I have my first two kegs in. I think I found a good kit to get me started for the guts from KegConnection, just need to get SWMBO approval to use the funds. It's smartest to do it all in one shipment, so hopefully I'll be able to use that to my advantage.

Looks fantastic, +1 on kegconnection kits, they are great equipment for the value. I'd just spend the extra change now on at least a 4 manifold setup. I forget, how many 5gal cornies can you get in there?

If more then 4 then consider a bigger manifold so you can forcecarb etc while still maxing taps.

Looks great man. How did you attach FD bar top to the freezer lid? Glue? Through bolts? Where did you put the fan? Did you insulate the coffin and/or put a fan in it to keep temps even? Working on mine but kind of winging it

Looks great man. How did you attach the bar top to the freezer lid? Glue? Through bolts? Where did you put the fan? Did you insulate the coffin and/or put a fan in it to keep temps even? Working on mine but kind of winging it. The keg connection gear is a good value but I had nothing but problems with shipping/receiving. Sent me the wrong stuff twice and ended up being well over a month to get my stuff and cost quite a bit more but that was just my experiance..[/QUOTE]

Looks fantastic, +1 on kegconnection kits, they are great equipment for the value. I'd just spend the extra change now on at least a 4 manifold setup. I forget, how many 5gal cornies can you get in there?

If more then 4 then consider a bigger manifold so you can forcecarb etc while still maxing taps.

Thanks! I think I can only fit 4, maybe one on the hump, but I only have 4 taps anyway. I think I will either get the two way manifold and y it from there or possibly the 4. But I will be upgrading to the dual regulator and have one port for carbing.

Looks great man. How did you attach the bar top to the freezer lid? Glue? Through bolts? Where did you put the fan? Did you insulate the coffin and/or put a fan in it to keep temps even? Working on mine but kind of winging it. The keg connection gear is a good value but I had nothing but problems with shipping/receiving. Sent me the wrong stuff twice and ended up being well over a month to get my stuff and cost quite a bit more but that was just my experiance..
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I used liquid nails and carriage bolts with T-nuts to make them as flush as possible. Yeah, the coffin is insulated and HVAC taped and there are two fans in there. There are some inside pics a page or two back. Found a really cool adapter that let me wire in the fans and it just plugs into an AC adapter like a laptop would. Makes it really easy to switch if one goes bad. I winged it too, made it a little more fun since you didn't really have a solid direction and it still comes out great.

Working with keg connection to get the rest of my goodies in this month. Guess I need to brew again to put something in my kegs. And just because, here's another pic with the lights on.

kxb7.jpg

Finally got my kegconnection order. Quick note, and though it may seem intuitive, get all of your internal components before you start building the coffin. I thought it was going to be easy to just fit my shanks through and get everything connected, but I didn't have as much space as I thought I would and I have a weird dimension for the length I needed for the shanks. So, I'm going to have to take the lid off the top of the coffin to get all of my stuff installed. Fortunately it won't be too big of a deal, but still a PITA. It was cheaper to buy wood every once in a while, than it was to shell out the lump for the parts. Hindsight, I'd do it the other way. Anyway, here's a pic of all the goodies, only two taps to start but will make the adjustments for all four so it will be easy when I expand. Supposed to rain this weekend, so hope to get it installed soon.

4x96.jpg

Got the first two faucets installed. Just need a CO2 tank and my kolsch to lager and we're in business.

image-1553670853.jpg

image-207736657.jpg

Received my other taps for Christmas and got the shanks and all for my birthday last month. Grabbing some handles today and then just have to be patient for a good deal on a couple kegs.

20140320_185438.jpg

20140320_185457.jpg

Back