Whats wrong with Joaquin Phoenix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papinquack

Reaction score
What happened to this guy? Seriously, He seems like he has crashed and is burning. Anyone have a clue?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xK6xz8d9Q]YouTube - Joaquin Phoenix On Letterman 2-11-09[/ame]

I think its these peoples names. First there was the christian bale rant which until I saw the video I thought that was a chick name. Now this guy with what looks like a chick name but the 'j' is pronounced like a 'w'. Just wait till Coco Cox gets older.

I think its these peoples names. First there was the christian bale rant which until I saw the video I thought that was a chick name. Now this guy with what looks like a chick name but the 'j' is pronounced like a 'w'. Just wait till Coco Cox gets older.

How many chicks named Christian have you met? Plus he's ****ing Batman!

I dont see how that would benefit him in anyway....

He has always been kind of weird/out there and does practical jokes on set and during interviews, this is him just goofing off with the media/tabloids. Hell if I was him I'd do it too, just dick around for a year, grow a beard, and release a "hip hop" album. Also: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090116/film_nm/us_affleck;_ylt=AnnLzGxe.VvK8T98.Tr3u6ZxFb8C

I heard it's an act as well. Apparently He's good friends with Rob Reiner who made Spinal Tap and there's a rumor he's making a similar "mockumentary." Spinal rap?

That was uncomfortable to watch, what a ******. I haven't liked that tool since he stabbed Russell Crowe.:D

LOL, that's funny stuff...I wonder how many different chemicals he had running through his system! Well, I for one can't WAIT to see some Joaquin Phoenix hip hop...

I had heard that he gave up his acting for a music gig after the Johnny Cash Movie. I cant watch it at work, but it must suck.

Here's a good one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_Ikksg40U]YouTube - joaquin-phoenix-falls-on-stage[/ame]

Whoops, no rapping on that one...here's a better one:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was pretty great stuff.

I don't know what he is normally like so I can't tell if it is an act or just a weird guy who now has enough money to be as weird as he wants. Either way, power to him.

It's like he's pulling a Jim Morrison or something. I remember when Jim Carey did something similar. He grew this big beard and looked more like a homeless person than an actor. People in that business are just "different". Some more so than others. Some are very grounded. I think he was just messing with him.

Now this guy with what looks like a chick name but the 'j' is pronounced like a 'w'. Just wait till Coco Cox gets older.

Wow, just wow :drunk:

A "ph" pronounced like an "f" too, can you believe the audacity of that guy? Doesn't he know it's Paa-hoe-nix

Last edited:
Sounds like something you should be asking his girlfriend/wife thingy. :D

As for what he expects to gain, how about publicity? Isn't that what they all want?

Any publicity is good publicity in their line of work.

I think he's trying to reinvent his image and get some "street cred" by acting all tough on Letterman.

Andy Kaufman. That is all you need to know.

It obviously works, everyone is talking about this. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Back