Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean said:
I will work monday until about 6 in Fayetteville. Reel, you mentioned you live near Pinehurst. Would you be willing to pick up my stuff, if you will be there, and I can meet you somewhere next week. I have some DFH 60 clone that I would love to share with a fellow homebrewer (Shameless offr of a bribe). If this is convenient, I will PM contact info.

Thanks,
Sean

Sure, no problem.

Well the bosslady has a pretty full day planed for me Monday.
Would anyone who is gonna be at Dallas's next weekend mind grabbing my grain and taking it there?
I could offer a rare and limited edition Lizard Lick Brewhaus pint glass for your trouble?

DSCI1751.jpg

how much did you buy, doug? I can probably pick it up for you.

I'm picking up 3.5 sacks (me and Boston), but I think I can get more in my car, as long as you didn't do something crazy like 5 bags.

Ok, let's make it official and say pickup will be between 5-6 on Monday. Remember your sanitized jars if you want yeast. Let me know if you can't be there at that time.

I think I can help you out here if you can't make it. I don't forsee it being a problem.

Skee... I need to split a sack of vienna with basis. I'll be there right at 5 pm, so will make sure you have that to take to him.

Ok, here is the simplest way I have found to issue the freight refund unless there are objections; I simply subtracted the "product total" value from the "total with shipping and tax" value and will refund that amount when the refund posts to my account.

Caveat: if the resulting value is $5.00 or under, I won't refund it. Hey, it took some time with this order!

marc06 said:
I just found this thread and looks like I missed out. How often is there a group buy?

Probably around 3 times a year, give or take. Some of these guys brew alot.

"Caveat: if the resulting value is $5.00 or under, I won't refund it. Hey, it took some time with this order!"

I'm cool with that. I didn't read about the tipping until money had been sent so enjoy a pint on me. Or half a pint; I only ordered one sac.

Ok, so it looks like we are all set for the most part. I will see everyone around 5:00 for pickup. It might get a little crazy if everyone is there at the same time, but we'll make it work. Remember that you can come around back of the building for easier carrying.

Reel, have you heard from Mike? I sent him a PM but haven't heard back yet. Not sure if he was gonna be able to get up here today.

See you all later.

skeeordye11 said:
Ok, so it looks like we are all set for the most part. I will see everyone around 5:00 for pickup. It might get a little crazy if everyone is there at the same time, but we'll make it work. Remember that you can come around back of the building for easier carrying.

Reel, have you heard from Mike? I sent him a PM but haven't heard back yet. Not sure if he was gonna be able to get up here today.

See you all later.

Nope, haven't heard from him.

you should have taken a pic of the entire mountain of stuff.

I'm bummed, though. I was hoping to meet some folks today at the pick-up,but I am sicker than a dog today.

I'm not there yet. Leaving soon. I will get an "official" picture for the thread.

Thanks again everyone who made this happen!

A bit off topic but I went to the Fullsteam tasting room after picking up my grain and was surprised to see that their "flagship" beer, the steam beer, wasn't on tap. I've tried everything else they offer previously so thought I'd give that beer a try. Anyway, the bartender said they had it in growlers so I bought one. OMG, now I see why they didn't have it on draft. Something has gotten into that beer. It's nearly undrinkable. I like what Fullsteam is trying to do with their ideas, but every beer I've tried from them has been a "pint and done" gimmick, mediocre, or in the case of this steam beer, infected. Maybe it's good that the bartender didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him for yeast.

Thanks for organizing this! I had a great time meeting a few of you guys. Got possibilities of some brew hang-outs which is always a bonus.

On the business end; I thought their IPA was decent to pretty good. I really liked the dark IPA from Lone Rider Brewery and will definately try to brew something similar.

Cheers!

Thanks Reel and Skee for putting all this together... I'm now fully stocked for the coming apocalyse. Happy Brewing!

Cox, I forgot to give you the difference between the bags we split. I'll figure some way of getting it you.

Good to see some of you again, and nice to meet the rest of you. Enjoy the grain and happy brewing to you all!

Thanks again everyone who made this happen!

A bit off topic but I went to the Fullsteam tasting room after picking up my grain and was surprised to see that their "flagship" beer, the steam beer, wasn't on tap. I've tried everything else they offer previously so thought I'd give that beer a try. Anyway, the bartender said they had it in growlers so I bought one. OMG, now I see why they didn't have it on draft. Something has gotten into that beer. It's nearly undrinkable. I like what Fullsteam is trying to do with their ideas, but every beer I've tried from them has been a "pint and done" gimmick, mediocre, or in the case of this steam beer, infected. Maybe it's good that the bartender didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him for yeast.

I found their Rocket Science IPA quite nice. Maybe my taste buds are all screwed up. Bought a growler as well. We'll see how it fares.

thanks again for the extra effort Realale and Skee! Thanks FullSteam.. I'm set for the spring and most of the summer now.

Its nice knowing I have 165 pounds sitting upstairs in the brewery. Thanks Reel and Skee for sticking around and sharing a beer with myself, and for setting this up for the third time.

Anybody else buy a growler from Fullstream that leaked? With the grain, and the leaky growler, my trucks smells just like the brewery.

Pictures as promised:
Pallet of 2-row and Chris (brewer at Fullsteam)
2304-grain1.jpg

Pallet of "other stuff" (with Dallas' GIANT bag of rice hulls)
2305-grain2.jpg

I think everyone who was due a freight refund should have received them via PayPal by now. If you didn't........tough!:cross:

Basisforaday...

I've tried PM'ing you but your INBOX has been full.

Can you send me a message so we can finalize things?

Latest posts

Back