Suck on This

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
On a business trip which happened to be in NC in the in-laws' town...found me a great bar with Sunday Ticket, and claimed the big teevee, and $1 Yeunglings, and a bunch of other Redskins fans showed up...Clinton Portis walked off the field after writhing on the ground giving me a heart attack...the Redskins won...and I came back to the house and FINALLY caught a red drum. 27" exactly---the legal limit. My first off their dock.

PA250005.JPG

Gooooood eatin'.

Ooooooh, Bob and I (he's looking over my shoulder) are impressed. Living inland, that's one of the things we'd love to do. We call it "redfish" but I'm sure it's the same fish.

Yep, Bob is very admiring of your big, um, fish. He said he hoped you kept it and enjoyed eating it.

Ooooooh, Bob and I (he's looking over my shoulder) are impressed. Living inland, that's one of the things we'd love to do. We call it "redfish" but I'm sure it's the same fish.

Naw, a redfish is only half that size, and tastes much like Atlantic Salmon.
Now there's a fish to have on your hook. You want a fighting fish? That's the one for you. Even cod on a line and reel combo will give a good tug to land seeing the lure is sometimes 50 to 70 fathoms down.
But then again I imagine a nice Bluefin tuna would put up a good fight also.
Been a while since one was landed around here now.

Naw, a redfish is only half that size, and tastes much like Atlantic Salmon.
Now there's a fish to have on your hook. You want a fighting fish? That's the one for you. Even cod on a line and reel combo will give a good tug to land seeing the lure is sometimes 50 to 70 fathoms down.
But then again I imagine a nice Bluefin tuna would put up a good fight also.
Been a while since one was landed around here now.

I call it a redfish (Sciaenops ocellatus). I've seen 50 lb. redfishes pulled up before, too, so maybe yall have a different redfish up north where you're at. They are fighters, though. You know when it's a red on the line. Here's a couple I got not too long ago down in Cocodrie. Mmmmm, blackened redfish.

redfish.jpg

ha, wifey took that pic! :D

Yeah, this one fought like a mf'er! My poor forearms were just done after that. I thought we were gonna have to throw him back because he was too big, but he measured the limit (27") exactly. The filet's I cut off of that bastard were simply huge!

Never heard of red drum being called redfish. This certainly don't taste nuthin like salmon. It's a meaty whitefish, really tasty stuff.

You need some fish holding lessons.....

1. Get as close to the camera as possible.
2. Hold the fish out away from you and as close to the camera as possible.
3. $hit eatin grin is preferable.

lakeGuntersville003.jpg

That's how we do it down south.

Back