You know your crazy when....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewBrew

Reaction score
Your winter jacket and two towels are wrapped around your mash tun while you are freezing your @$$ off in a sweatshirt.

Yeah, a couple summers back I didn't turn my air on for three days so my saison could ferment the first 72 hours @ 88. I sat in my bedroom with fans surrounding me. Talk about suffering for your art.

This summer we had the fermenters in the bedroom with the AC blasting. The beer was happy. I was ok, but the wife went to bed with pajama bottoms and an extra blanket! 8(

My wife is just glad I now have an excuse to keep the AC set lower in the summer. My wife would live in a walk-in freezer if we had one.

Funny the timing of this post. This is exactly the scenario that occurred to me on Saturday. But hey...I held temp and that's what's important, right?

You also know you're crazy when you look at someone on an oxygen tank and think...hmmm....that would be awesome to aerate my wort! (Not that I've EVER had that thought....yeah...it was this guy I know...he was wondering how to get the nose piece through the neck of the carboy...)

Back